.Net Web Developer
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We are looking for .Net Web Developer to work in our group digital development team based in our Saga Group part of the business.
We are looking for a skilled System Consultant with strong analytical and programming skills. The candidate will also have a strong background in administering and maintaining Enterprise systems.
You will be undertaking design, technical programming and ongoing support for key strategic digital projects as well as supporting existing enterprise systems. The role will cover the technical development of group owned digital assets.
You will bring excellent communications skills, verbally and written.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Reporting to the Group Digital Development Team Manager, this role will be involved in the technical delivery of a range of projects within the Group digital roadmap.
- The successful candidate will undertake analysis, design, technical programming and ongoing support for key strategic digital projects as well as supporting existing enterprise systems. The role will cover the technical development of group owned digital assets.
Some of the main tasks you can expect to be involved in include:
- Carry out software analysis and design in order to establish technical requirements, which meet the business needs.
- Detailed analysis of user requirements for new systems and the continued maintenance/enhancement of current systems. Provide advice where alternative solutions exist.
- Provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements/new systems requested by the business.
- Produce Functional Specifications using jargon free language which can be understood by users/business colleagues.
- Produce Technical specifications where appropriate.
- Programming in relevant languages as appropriate with adherence to best practice in coding standards (security, usability, accessibility, design patterns).
- Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing.
- Follow change management processes.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are in place.
Any other duties requested by Group IT Management.
- Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Expert understanding and utilising core. Analysis and Development technologies including Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, C# .NET.
- Sitecore experience desirable.
- Knowledge or understanding of MVVM frameworks, e.g. AngularJS.
- Understanding of ECommerce specific coding and testing processes and procedures.
- Good knowledge of windows server applications such as IIS.
- Good understanding of software design patterns.
- Takes ownership of deliverables, works under own initiative and manages own timescales.
- Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads.
- Good understanding of distributed source control systems, e.g. GIT/Mercurial.
- Familiar with deployment tools such as Octopus Deploy/Team City.
- Experience with Windows servers operating systems.
- Understands competing objectives of commercial benefit and internal quality and when to make effective compromises.
- Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Able to facilitate large change programs.
- Understands SEO concepts.
- Understanding of PCI and OWASP security vulnerabilities.
- Good knowledge of W3C usability requirements together with other related legislation such as PCIDSS and cookie regulations.
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Good understanding of Agile methodology and Jira.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level education preferable
- Excellent communicator both to IT and Stakeholders.
- A pragmatic understanding of the project and application lifecycle and how these can be appropriately applied.
- Ability to liaise with business users and 3rd party suppliers to understand requirements and produce positive solution outcomes to technical challenges.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding and experience in building software solutions.
- Demonstrable experience (both technical and business centric) of application solutions accounted for by this role.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of projects.
- Logical approach to problem solving and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to create and delivery technical presentations to attendees of varying technical knowledge and understanding.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.