. Net Winforms Developer
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
A great opportunity has arisen for a .Net Winforms Developer to join the Saga Group business.
You will be part of the development and support of the core CRM/CTI applications utilising .NET, Oracle Technologies and Thunderhead amongst others.
You will bring excellent written and verbal communication.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Provide regular progress reports to manager
- Adhere to company and departmental standards
- Troubleshooting, i.e. investigation and resolution of problems reported by users
- Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements and systems analysis. Programming to be in relevant languages as appropriate. Unit testing, system testing and user training to be undertaken. Assist users with their acceptance testing
- Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management
- Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement forward for application to the ‘live’ environment using the Change Management
- Support the Technical Business Analyst to establish business requirements
- Support the Technical Business Analyst to perform a detailed analysis of user requirements for new and the continued maintenance/enhancement of existing systems. Provide advice where alternative solutions exist
- Contribute to the production of Terms of Reference where applicable
- Contribute to Feasibility Studies
- Contribute to the Cost/benefit business justification activities
- Estimation of effort for fixes/enhancements/new systems, as requested by the business stakeholders
- Support the Technical Business Analyst to produce Functional Specifications using jargon-free language which can be understood by users. Give formal presentations where appropriate
- Produce Technical Specifications where appropriate
- Systems design
- Solid application and database design skills
- Programming in relevant languages, as appropriate, with adherence to the best practice in terms of coding, security, usability and accessibility standards
- Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing
- Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with appropriate sign-offs before putting the fix/enhancement/new system forward for promotion to the 'Live' environment in accordance with the Change and Release Management Process (Fast Track or Release)
- Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are in place
- Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position, as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
- Any other duties requested by IT Management
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A developer with experience of developing client\server applications
- You will have demonstrable experience of using Oracle or MS SQL
- Expert understanding and utilising core Analysis and Development technologies as well as tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Unit Testing and Continuous Integration using Nunit\XUnit, TFS, MSBuild or similar
- Knowledge or understanding of MVVM frameworks such as Caliburn Micro or ReactiveUI
- Good knowledge of Windows Server
- Understanding of PCI, DPA and other relevant legal/governance frameworks for safe guarding customer and company data
- Appreciation for usability design considerations
- Ability to write well-structured and commented programs
- Services provided by the team range from CRM and CTI to document fulfilment and archiving
- The team actively develops in C# and .NET4.5 but supports legacy VB.NET codebases which you will be expected to help maintain
- You will have the latest development toolsets available to you, along with access to training resources
- The team works primarily on desktop client applications, although some small components are developed using ASP.NET MVC
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree standard or equivalent is an advantage
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to think and work individually and as part of a team
- Good time management
- Driven problem solver, able to work through problems to their resolution
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
- Free fruit
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.