When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nursery Nurse to join Saga’s Nursery team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the working parents in the business. With the team receiving an OFSTED rating of ‘Outstanding’ in June 2019 this is a fantastic time to join a renowned and popular service within Saga.
Set within the beautiful location of Enbrook Park, Sandgate. You will receive all the great benefits of working for a large organisation and be able to have a rewarding and fast paced career.
You will see each child as an individual and to promote growth and development. You will be responsible for ensuring that the needs of the children are met and provide them with a caring, stimulating and interesting environment. You will need to give your full attention and energy to the children for your whole shift.
You will need to have had previous experience of working with children and hold an NNEB, BTEC (Child Care) or NVQ III.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading..
- Attend staff meetings and prepare to discuss key children and raise any issues.
- To see the child as an individual and to promote growth and development. To enable each child to attain his/her potential. To have full regard for equal opportunities as it relates to the nursery
- To encourage, support and work with parents/guardians to enhance their knowledge and child care skills
- Ensure that you are working within the set policies and procedures
- Maintain childcare records. Observe Key children and complete children’s development records
- Make general observations on all children as they take part in daily activities
- Record and report any incidents of illness/injury or accident to a senior member of staff and ensure that appropriate action is taken. Ensure that the accident book is signed by parents
- Read and fulfill the plans and meet the early learning goals
- Evaluate and extend the daily activities for each child
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Team worker but also happy to work unsupervised
- Natural energy for this type of work
- Ability to communicate well with parents
Education and Qualifications:
- NNEB, BTEC (Child Care) or NVQ III
- To work as part of a team and contribute positively
- Good Communication Skills
- Flexible approach
- Ability to work under pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.