When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We have a great opportunity for a Operations Manager to join our Technical Claims department in our CHMC area of the business.
You will support the Head of Technical Operations, ensuring the efficient running of all technical claims teams proactively driving and delivering performance. Using measures and analyzing data you will identify strategy opportunities and challenge all aspects to manage cost control in your departments.
You will be positive, innovative, have excellent communication to lead by example. You will have a flair for engineering and developing processes to enhance and develop the department and deliver against performance metrics.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Be directly responsible for the operational performance of a number of teams
- Drive the delivery of long-term results whilst balancing short-term priorities
- Ensure strategic and operational KPI’s are achieved and exceeded
- Analyse and interpret management information
- Improve service standards across the business
- Be accountable for team performance and improve poor performers through the construction of development plans
- Manage and control team activity by formulating, measuring and evaluating key performance objectives
- Work in partnership with other Operations Manager colleagues to identify Operations wide priorities, allocate resources and monitor performance
- Ensure the Team Managers are monitoring the effectiveness and quality of service to all customers within the strict guidelines of the FSA, Data Protection Act and ABI guidelines, and any other relevant regulatory body
- Shape the efforts of people across the organisation towards a shared vision
- Adopt a proactive approach to performance management by coaching, developing and motivating Team Managers to fulfil their potential and deliver business targets
- Continually develop, encourage and promote the Saga culture, values and behaviour
- Provide dynamic leadership, direction and enthusiasm, in own department and alongside other areas of the business
- Manage sickness to agree service levels or better
- Set performance targets for all direct reports
- Be a suitable role model by demonstrating appropriate leadership behaviours
- Identifying training and development needs, providing suitable opportunities for progression
- Communicate Company and Departmental business objectives
- Build concept of change and continuous improvement into the future vision and direction across the business
- Constantly review and deliver best practice making recommendations to senior management and sharing results with other areas within the business
- Responsible for maintaining clear and consistent lines of communication between Team Managers and Senior Operational Managers ensuring all staff receive information in a timely manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of products, procedures and systems across the business and ensure the knowledge is kept up to date
- To be compliant with the standards laid out by various regulatory bodies e.g. FSA or FSC
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of Operations’ processes across the business
- An ability to negotiate and influence at a senior level
- Is innovative and creative and promotes an environment for change and continuous improvement
- Review all performance and management information and makes necessary recommendations in order to achieve business and personal objectives
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.