Payroll and Benefits Officer
**This role is working from home with the requirement for occasional travel to our offices in Salfords, Redhill**
As a market leader in the escorted touring business, Titan Travel provide perfect travel moments to our customers time after time.
…And right now, we are looking for an experienced Payroll and Benefits Officer to join our collaborative HR team. A new role within Titan Travel, this will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to bring their knowledge of company benefits to support the entire process from employee engagement to payroll deductions and benefit fulfilment. This is an exciting opportunity which offers a highly motivated, reliable individual with multiple skills to join a fast-growing business.
You will be adept at communicating with confidence and building relationships to all levels of stakeholders, personalising your approach for your audience. Thinking on your feet will feel like second nature as you resolve queries with managers, from colleagues or liaise with our systems and benefits providers.
You will bring your attention to detail and experience with payroll to learn the business and fully understand what is required. Keeping up to date with and ensuring our compliance with all regulatory changes, highlighting any potential concerns to management.
In return you can expect to be part of a welcoming team that goes the extra mile and strives to put the customer first. You can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like the challenge for you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Process the Company payroll in a timely and accurate manner
- Create and maintain accurate colleague payroll records
- Calculate and input data for wages, applicable deductions, and additions based on colleague attendance and timesheet records ready for processing by Sage50
- Work with managers to resolve any discrepancies in payroll data
- Liaise with Sage50 verifying payroll values prior to approval and completing payroll reports and necessary reconciliations with finance
- Manage the ongoing administration of the Company pension scheme and Auto Enrolment assessments
- Handle changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles.
- Receive and coordinate requests for leave and other absences through People HR
- Liaise with HMRC as required
- Complete and maintain accurate payroll reports for record-keeping purposes and managerial review
- Answer colleague queries about wages, deductions, attendance and resolve any discrepancies
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory changes. Notifying management of any upcoming changes.
- Complete payroll End of Year and P11D processing
- Inform all colleagues of eligibility, validity of claims and maintaining benefit records
- Provide new colleagues with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrolment and fulfilment procedures
- Review benefit contracts on renewal and recommend options when appropriate
- Ensure all benefits effecting payroll are applied appropriately
- Liaise with finance to review budgets, aligning employee needs and business objectives
- Maintain excellent relationships with external benefits and systems providers
- Assist with informational meetings and distributing proper documentation
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate:
- Prior payroll experience
- Experience in managing Pensions Auto Enrolment administration and process
- Excellent mathematical skills, accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Good organisation and attention to detail are key to running this role efficiently
- Confident with Excel
- Ability to promptly learn and apply new things
- At least a basic understanding of tax procedures and familiarity with benefits and other wage deductions
- Knowledge of People HR and/or Sage50 payroll would be beneficial although full training will be given
Our values are:
- Be adventurous- We’re brave and curious to try new things
- Be personal- We’re supportive
- Make it easy- We go the extra mile for the right solution
- Do the right thing- We care
- Customer first- We listen
We offer excellent opportunities for career development and fantastic incentives, such as flights, holidays, high street vouchers and many more. With great working hours that encourage a work life balance, you’ll be part of a fun and friendly team. Plus, you’ll receive a wide range of discounts on holidays, flights and more for yourself, family and friends!
About the Company
If you want to see what we do all around the world then take a look at the video below:
When you join Titan you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Titan does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Titan is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.