** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a HR Advisor to join our team on a fixed term maternity contract to join our team. In this role, you will support with ER cases, advisory and providing mechanisms to help identify trends and analysis.
You will need to have a background in Employee Relations and have the foundations of solid Human Resources practice.
Working with precision and pace you will be used to tight deadlines, multiple stakeholders and leading from the front. You will be coming into a small and busy team and your background and skills will make an immediate impact!
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are available immediately for this role, then we want to hear from you!
- People casework which typically includes more complex and sensitive cases with high risk to business including absence, disciplinary, grievance, capability and performance
- Coaching and supporting line managers and colleagues in a pro-active manner to resolve cases
- Achieving consistency in application, approach and compliance on the ER casework
- Identifying hotspots and trends using data and MI and identify and provide proactive solutions
- Strong knowledge of 365 applications (predominately advanced skills in excel)
- Supporting policy and design, guidance documentation and toolkits, and the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Treating people in a way that supports our culture
- Leaver process management with alumni intentions
The Ideal Candidate
- Confident and able to conduct difficult and sensitive conversations with managers and colleagues
- Effective relationship management
- Good knowledge of Employment Law
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of ER procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of “coding” preferable or equivalent
- A natural curiosity to look beyond the ‘as is’ and explore new trends and opportunities
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.