** Remote/home working allowed **
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
…And right now, we are looking for Performance Analysts to work in our Product Development team in our insurance side of the business at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be responsible for tracking in month trading performance, aiding in the understanding of deviation from forecasts, adjusting full month expectations, uncovering risks and opportunities, and extracting actionable insights from the performance data. The individual will work collaboratively with a range of teams, providing valuable insight to maximise and overcome trading opportunities and challenges. In addition, you will be responsible for producing regular market insight reporting, enabling the business to have a greater understanding of competitor activity to help inform both tactical and strategic decision making.
You will bring strong data and analytical capabilities, with the willingness to present this information to the team and sometimes to other key stakeholders across the business.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
This will be an excellent opportunity to learn or expand on knowledge on well-known data platforms including Tableau, Snowflake and occasionally Adobe Web Analytics, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- To monitor and analyse day to day trading performance for the Saga Home/Motor Insurance Product, closely monitoring product performance against plan targets – identifying root cause of any variance to plan from underlying drivers of performance and assessing the volume/P&L impact.
- Regularly carrying out deep dive analysis on trading trends, new initiatives or new opportunities and feeding back insights to key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure alignment on trading expectations and understanding of actuals.
- Develop a fortnightly/monthly market and competitor insights pack from the wealth of data available, highlighting key trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Creation of regular trading MI to drive further understanding of performance and produce actionable insights from the performance data.
- Maintain business initiatives/action trackers, highlighting any emerging risks and opportunities.
- Support the wider Home and Motor Product team with ad-hoc requests for MI, including supporting product development initiatives and annual product reviews.
- Produce insights for other areas of the business, including the Commercial and Marketing teams, to identify opportunities to grow the business and drive improved profitability.
- Frequently attend Change/Defect prioritisation meetings bringing a commercial lens to the prioritisation forums.
- Ensure that the Home Insurance Product is providing market leading customer satisfaction, meeting all outcomes as expected by the FCA, and providing genuine added value to the Saga brand.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working with and structuring large datasets.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Numerical reasoning skills; be able to explain observed trends in data with logical argument.
- Critical thinking.
Ability to assimilate information from various sources to form and prove hypotheses.
Use judgement and all available information to test and validate hypotheses.
- Customer centric approach and methodology.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Team Player.
Additional Advantageous Technical Skills (desirable but not essential):
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau.
- Experience of programming languages such as SQL and R is desirable, but not essential.
- Familiarity with the general insurance market.
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate calibre, with demonstrable and relevant educational background or relevant professional qualification(s).
- Curious - consistently challenging and looking to raise the bar on business performance.
- Commercially minded, with a strong result led focus.
- Strong decision maker with ability to exercise excellent judgement.
- Demands a passion for the customer and instils a customer centric methodology throughout the organisation.
- Passionate about delivering an incredible customer experience at every touch point.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays from Jan 2022 with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.