** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Personal Assistant to join us. In this role, you will provide high level secretarial/administration support to 3 members of the Insurance Leadership Team. You will also have regular contact and communication with senior management, senior external contacts, advisers, and suppliers.
We are going through business transformation, so not only will you work on interesting tasks, you will also have a great deal of diversity in supporting 3 directors within our insurance business.
You will bring previous experience working as a PA and be competent on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. You will be organised, proactive and have strong communication and minute taking skills. As this role will involve dealing with highly confidential information, having an ability to have a great deal of discretion is important.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
Please note, this is a fixed term contract to cover maternity cover for 9 months.
If you are available immediately for this role, then we want to hear from you!
- Providing high level secretarial/administrative support to the Operations Directors for our claims and broking businesses and the Insurance Change Director
- Coordinating the diary, arranging all internal and external meetings, and ensuring all logistics for meetings have been made such as travel, hotels, lunch reservations etc.
- Receiving all the Director’s telephone calls, liaising with senior management, senior external contacts, advisers, and suppliers
- Managing the flow of all internal and external correspondence and responding on behalf of the Director or redirecting to appropriate colleagues
- Maintaining a bring forward system and managing a filing system
- Drafting and editing board reports
- Organising Senior Management Team meetings and events
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience as a PA/EA operating at a senior level
- Excellent minute taking skills developed ideally within a regulated business
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft office programmes, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and time management skills
- Trustworthy, with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential material
- Confident dealing with people internally and externally at all levels with tact and diplomacy in a professional manner
- Able to work unsupervised and provide a calm, high-quality service under pressure
- Able to assimilate information and instruction quickly and take responsibility easily
- Excellent attention to detail
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.