Personal Injury Controller
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Personal Injury Controller to join us here at Saga.
You will be managing portfolio of cases to ensure that key performance measures and targets are met in accordance with personal delegated handling authority. Aswell as Identifying opportunities to improve operating efficiency or effectiveness within the claims handling process.
You’ll bring good communication skills, verbally and written. With a good knowledge of litigation procedures.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
The primary tasks of the role are to:
- Manage own portfolio of cases to ensure that key performance measures and targets are met in accordance with personal delegated handling authority, referring cases as appropriate
- Establish contact with the customer/claimant/supplier to collect all relevant information to support timely decision making on liability and quantum, ensuring that all contact is professional.
- Using the appropriate medium, negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement of the claim to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Ensure that claims handling processes are consistently applied within own caseload and within own areas of responsibility.
- Provide instructions to our appointed legal representatives for claims handling to include attendance at Trial, Joint Settlement Meetings, Conferences with Counsel.
- Deputise for Head of Large and Complex Loss on occasion.
- Completion of LL Advices and Notifications to Board where required.
- Completion of Audits internally and externally as required.
- Handle other personal lines injury claims.
- Handle referrals from fellow team members as required and seek to transfer skills and knowledge to the team.
- Identify opportunities to improve operating efficiency or effectiveness within the claims handling process in order to minimise the cost of claims handling and to optimise customer service.
- Develop self in order to maximise personal contribution to the job.
- Mentor a junior team member on PI claims handling.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable competence and excellent knowledge of motor Personal Injury claims handling,
- Demonstrable competence in PI claims with a value up to £350,000
- Demonstrable competence in PI claims handling on referral in excess of £350,000
- Good report writing and letter writing skills
- Good communication and verbal reasoning skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- Good IT and keyboard skills
- Ability to analyse information and draw out relevant facts
- Knowledge of common law and legislation governing Motor Insurance and the principles applying to injury and damage quantum assessment
- Good knowledge of litigation procedures
Education & Qualification:
- ACII would be of benefit
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.