Personal Injury and Validation Technical Lead
** Remote/home working allowed **
The Insurance business is the largest part of the Saga Group. It provides tailored products including the recently launched fixed price insurance product it is a very exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
…And right now, we are looking for a Personal Injury and Validation Technical Lead. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be undertaking audits and provide effective coaching to aide handler development and identify any training needs or risks to the business, as well as ensuring effective tracking and reporting systems are in place.
You will bring extensive claim validation and personal injury experience and knowledge.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
***Please note, the requirement is to come into our Saga office at least once a week***
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Achieve the optimum claims costs
- Handling; as required, a portfolio of cases with individual limits of £50’000 and an overall claim incurred of £100’000
- Undertake audits and provide effective coaching to aide handler development and identify any training needs or risks to the business
- Ensure effective tracking and reporting systems are in place
- Aide all Companies connected to the SAGA group to ensure business consistency and optimisation is achieved
- The achievement of the agreed personal performance objectives
- Have a specialist knowledge in at least one area of Fraud Investigations, Personal Injury, First Party, Third Party Property, Third Party and Claimant Credit Hire
- Work in conjunction with Technical Claims Manager to develop a framework for all Technical leads to adhere and strive to
- Ensure adequate succession planning and development between Technical leads is established, reviewed and updated as required
- Proactively engage with external stakeholders to ensure the business is at the forefront of claims handling and consider new enterprises/offerings that will improve operational efficiency or positively impact claims spend and lifecycle
- Contribute to effectiveness of BP’s, audit and claim performance to drive success
- Review, develop, implement, and deliver training as required
- Ensuring all legislative and regulatory changes are constantly reviewed and amends made within the Operation to ensure adherence and if required develop and implement strategies to take full advantage of these
- Keep abreast of Case Law developments and ensure such matters are feed into the appropriate teams and if required develop and implement strategies to take full advantage of these
- When appropriate act as the relationship manager with key external partners
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficient in Office – Word, Excel, Claimflo, 1insurer
- Excellent knowledge of CPR
- Excellent fraud knowledge
- A good understanding of Motor Claims Best Practice and Reserving philosophies across all operational areas
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of education background
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Developed Keyboard skills
- Used to prioritising and re-prioritising
- Is innovative and creative and promotes an environment for change and continuous improvement
- Good auditing skills
- Excellent negotiator
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- The ability to work from anywhere with our tech capabilities
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.