Personal Travel Consultant
We are now searching for ambitious Travel Sales talent with destination knowledge and experience of countries or regions in any of the key areas to help us to further grow Destinology:
- Middle east & Indian Ocean
- Far East Asia
- The Americas
As a Personal Travel Consultant, you will use your expertise and travel knowledge to tailor-make the perfect holidays for our customers. A key part of this role is to grow and nurture your portfolio of customers to ensure repeat business whilst maintaining the very best customer service.
Your role is to provide an exemplary level of customer service to our customers from the initial enquiry, all the way through to returning home after holiday, ensuring the customer journey exceeds expectations and the customer is motivated to book future holidays with Destinology.
Who are we looking for?
If you’ve got a passion for travel and have extensively travelled, or have been successful in a travel sales role, and have strong organisation skills, a competitive drive, resilience, assertiveness and persuasiveness then we would like to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- a passion for travel and have extensively travelled, or have been successful in a sales role (preferably travel)
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with customers (both internal and external).
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Problem solving
- Experience of working in a fast paced ever changing environment
- excellent communication skills
- customer centric approach/experience
- strong selling skills and a driven sales record
- ethical sales principles and processes
- luxury travel industry sales experience
- CRS experience
- clear thinker, ability to step back, analyse and resolve problems while exercising good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in difficult and demanding situations
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Hard working and self motivated
- High level of attention to detail
- Skills of diplomacy, persuasion and negotiation
- Results orientated with a desire to succeed
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and committed approach
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets and deadlines
- Motivated to succeed
- Helpful, polite, friendly
Additionally we look for people who display the values of The Destinology Way which are:
- Know the customer – see the world through our customer’s eyes so we can exceed their expectations (customer centric approach)
- Have courage – trust and challenge (on ways of working, share ideas, work collaboratively)
- One team – respect others, work collaboratively in our own departments, across the business, across Saga
- Go the Extra Mile – nothing is too much trouble (for our colleagues, and our customers)
£16,000- £24,000 depending on experience plus sales incentive (Commission) scheme
- 22 days plus public holidays (8 per year) - totalling 30 days per year
- Sales incentive (Commission) scheme
- Educational trip opportunities
- Discounted holidays to our amazing portfolio of products (Destinology holidays)
- Salary sacrifice childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
- Social Events
- Free car parking, tea and coffee
- Employee of the month award scheme
- Dress down Fridays
After period of service:
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance /Death in service benefit
- Additional Annual Leave purchase scheme
Saga Share scheme
About the Company
About The Company
Established in 2004, Destinology have grown from a young, ambitious luxury travel start-up, to being bought by the hugely successful Saga PLC in 2014. We’re experiencing year on year growth, but we want more!
We’re a digitally focussed company who believe in doing things a little bit differently as we strive to stay one step ahead, exploring and helping to redefine what luxury travel really means to people. Passionate about our products, places and people, we take great pride the relationships we build - with our customers, the suppliers we work with and our team.
It’s our dedication to customers, technology and people that helps to set us apart and provides the foundations to build success.
When you join Destinology you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.