Pet Product Lead
**THIS ROLE CAN BE FLEXIBLE ON LOCATION**
With market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group a very exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Our Insurance business is the largest part of the Saga Group. It provides tailored products including the recently launched fixed price insurance product.
And right now, we are looking for a Pet Product Lead to join us. In this role, you'll be an integral part of the insurance team with the development of the Pet product and customer journey, delivering an excellent experience for our customers, maximising quotability whilst delivering profit in line with plan.
You will have strong experience of personal lines Pet insurance and the ability to it apply across the various lines within the company’s portfolio. You will bring a detailed knowledge of the Pet insurance market, granular pet breeds, distribution and emerging trends.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral new role to our insurance business, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you an expert in pet insurance then we want to hear from you!
- Design, plan and develop of the Pet portfolio end to end from Product and sales and service through marketing, claims, underwriting, reserving and reinsurance, liaising with colleagues across insurance in order to deliver
- Build a small in-house team and work with technology colleagues to develop platforms to support
- Analyse reports, MI and competitors’ products to identify new or improved propositions to make sure our product is right for our customer brand and favourable to competitors
- Manage all aspects of live products, including customer journey, value and compliance / regulatory
- Oversee preparation of technical and staff guides and operational process maps for new products and for any changes to existing products
- Deliver relevant training or updates on new or changed products
- Maintain existing schemes, updating and testing as required
- Provide a point of reference and guidance on technical issues for other departments
- Deal with queries raised by intermediaries on existing schemes ensuring any necessary scheme amendments are made
- Contribute to effective risk control by ensuring schemes are in line with current underwriting philosophy
- Assist in the audit and monitoring of practices within our operational areas against best practice guides and industry regulatory guidelines
- Prepare draft report on audit findings and detail any remedial actions required
- To contribute proportionally to the Company’s achievement of all its targets
- Keep own knowledge up to date via continuous personal development
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of personal lines Pet insurance and the ability to apply across the various lines within the company’s portfolio
- Detailed knowledge of the Pet insurance market, granular pet breeds, distribution and emerging trends
- Good ability in Tableau, Excel and Word
- Ability to identify training, product or process issues that are operationally relevant and take action to drive through change
- An ability to negotiate and influence while maintaining confidentiality
- Analytical approach to tasks
Education and Qualifications:
- Sound educational background
- Self-motivated, decision maker confident in their own abilities
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills to enable successful delivery to deadlines and to the required standard
- Flexible and adaptive to change
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- The ability to work from anywhere with our tech capabilities
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.