Post Room Assistant, Fixed Term
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We are looking for a Post Room Assistant to join the Post & Courier Team and will support the key Folkestone sites, which could mean moving between these sites and working different shifts as necessary, sometimes at short notice so flexibility is key.
The work can involve a lot of standing, walking and lifting. The Post & Courier team are ambassadors for the company and so the role will require displaying a professional manner at all times as well as consistently demonstrating the guiding principle of “Nothing is too much trouble” in every interaction to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
You will bring keen eye for detail, a sound ability to work well in a team environment as well as individually. You will need to be diligent, proactive, focused and take responsibility to ensure all work is completed to the highest possible standards.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Play an active part of the Post & Courier team and support all activities to provide an efficient and effective post & courier service to the business in line with department best practice and ensure compliance to relevant policies and procedures
- Efficient, accurate and timely sortation and preparation of all inbound and returned mail as well as recording and directing all tracked mail items
- Collection and distribution of mail items across all sites and delivering to each department, including the constant circulation of internal mail throughout the business
- Sorting, recording and dispatching all outgoing mail items
- Organising urgent couriers for departments across the business
- Being mindful and vigilant to minimise the risk of theft or inefficient use of products or services including those that have a value (courier, mail, etc) and reporting to management if this is observed or suspected
- Handling the receipt and recording of all lost property from within Saga buildings and from Saga customers, liaising with appropriate business departments to identify the owner of the lost property and the return of the items to the appropriate person(s) or if necessary the correct disposal in line with company guidelines
- Maintaining the confidentiality of customer and company information by adhering to the company’s clear desk policy, data protection policy and the Post Room document security procedures
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as directed by management.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable competence in a post room environment
- Good PC literacy, in particular Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office and postal management systems
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good customer service skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Full driving licence desirable
- Good general level of secondary education
- Excellent communicator
- Enthusiastic and self-starter
- Committed and flexible team worker
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to use initiative and deliver results
- An excellent eye for detail
- Logical and methodical
- Well organised
- Accepts personal responsibility towards tasks
- A general positive attitude
- Polite, friendly and approachable
- A constructive and enthusiastic approach to investigating and solving problems
- Open minded to change
- Demonstrates a professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.