***Remote/home working with occasional visits to either our Central London or Folkestone, Kent office. So, it’s important you live within a reasonable commuting distance***
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are looking for a graduate or recent graduate to join us as a Pricing Analyst in our Pricing & Actuarial department. In any insurance business, strength in pricing is a key determinant of success and in the data and technology enabled markets of today, pricing accuracy and agility are musts.
In this role, you will work closely with your immediate pricing team to develop and monitor pricing models; prepare data for modelling, select, and apply appropriate statistical techniques and make judgements and recommendations for price changes.
You will also interact with colleagues in the Product, Marketing, Finance, and IT (Information Technology) (Information Technology) areas to find commercial opportunities where pricing knowledge can help deliver business goals. You will primarily be working in either Motor, Travel or Private Medical insurance with opportunities across other personal lines products.
This fantastic role is complex, challenging and can make a key difference to the future profitability of the company. You can expect from the outset to be making real contributions on a variety of different projects.
You will have strong A-Levels in Maths, Statistics or equivalent and a Maths based degree. You will bring an understanding of how to organise data so that it can be used to identify trends and anomalies and numerical reasoning skills to be able to explain observed trends in data with logical argument.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Proactively use data to find areas of opportunity to drive commercial value and competitive advantage, delivering profitable growth for Saga’s insurance business
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends, product opportunities and new / changing rating factors
- Assist in development of pricing models for deployment to the rating system, making best use of Radar and other software tools
- Make recommendations to pricing leads based on your analysis
- Mine, extract and interpret data to bring out insights, using innovative techniques, including machine learning
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of how to organise data so that it can be used to identify trends and anomalies
- Numerical reasoning skills to be able to explain observed trends in data with logical argument
- Critical thinking skills to assimilate information from various sources to form and prove hypotheses and use judgement and all available information to test and validate hypotheses
- Use estimates, judgement, and risk-based assessments to make recommendations for action even in the absence of full information
- Commercial awareness; be able to articulate the financial impacts of your work
- Customer focus: demonstrate that you have considered the customer impact of your work
- Degree in a mathematical or scientific subject would be preferred
- Strong A-Levels in Maths, Statistics or equivalent
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.