Pricing Analyst General Insurance
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for two General Insurance Pricing Analysts to join us. In this role, you will use your in-depth experience of general insurance pricing in a commercial environment to provide SME support, analysis, and guidance to the business. You will also lead pricing projects and provide assurance to the business through your knowledge, attention to detail and critical thinking skills. Lastly, you will use your skills to prepare data for analysis, support a variety of ad hoc business requests delivering high quality work within this highly regulated environment.
Pricing is at a pivotal point, and this is a fantastic opportunity to lead as an SME (subject matter expert) and on projects to impact the business and have a material effect to deliver success!
You will bring general insurance personal lines experience with experience of using on of or the following systems: Radar/Tableau/Emblem. You will have commercial acumen and an ability to lead projects and be an SME.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
Please note, these positions will focus on Motor, Home, PMI and Travel.
- Proactively use data to find areas of opportunity to drive commercial value and competitive advantage, delivering profitable growth for Saga’s insurance business
- Provide pricing thought leadership using your experience of insurance pricing and data
- Help in development of pricing models for deployment to the rating system, making best use of Radar and other software tools and make recommendations based on your analysis
- Mine, extract and interpret data to bring out insights, using cutting edge techniques, including machine learning
- Monitor and assess impact of changes post implementation and proactively recommend amendments to flag where further investigation and action is needed
The Ideal Candidate
- General insurance personal lines experience
- Proven track record in the use of general insurance pricing data and application of analytical techniques
- An ability to lead projects
- SME knowledge with an ability to drive things forward
- Experience with one or some of the following systems: Tableau/Emblem/Radar. SQL would also be an advantage
- Commercial acumen
- Strong communicator
- Embody the Saga values, especially curiosity and collaboration
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
Generous Workplace Pension
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity..
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.