Product Communications Executive
** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a Product Communications Executive to join us. In this role, you will have an active involvement of campaigns, projects, programmes, and key initiatives that aid us in delivering the best possible regulatory experience for our customers. You will use a multitude of channels such as email, direct mail, call centre scripting, SMS and inserts, being on point to work with our Creative Community to co-ordinate, brief and deliver award-winning Product Communications.
Each day in this role will be different, and you will get to support the team in exciting areas such our rebrand and the launching of new product propositions.
You will bring a good knowledge of marketing with experience in marketing content. You will be able to work in an agile way and learn multiple systems quickly. You will be well organised, a strong communicator and have a keen eye for detail.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
Please note, this role is a fixed term contract until January 2022
- Actively contribute to Product Communications Programmes, Tasks, Initiatives and Projects inc. co-ordinating the messaging, journey mapping and requirements documentation, considering all implications of Product Communications, Regulatory requirements, FCA clean-up processes plus renewal and MTA adjustment requirements
- Actively contribute to working groups covering Marketing, Change, IT and Risk
- Support the delivery of Product Communication ideas and solutions make the most difference to customers whilst also meeting the needs of our regulator/s
- Co-ordinate and manage Product Communication activities that involve Product, Marketing, Conduct Risk, FCA and IT/Change departments; ensuring that the customer experience, insight, creative and communication ideas are adopted and executed seamlessly through Product Comms solutions
- Partner closely with wider Marketing and Product team members on key projects and initiatives; making significant progress within our Product Comms roadmaps
- Manage and co-ordinate the wide scale of processes, document mapping, stock checking, renewal and proofing controls required of us to meet our regulatory and risk obligations; providing recommendations on where and how we can evolve our approach
The Ideal Candidate
- Marketing, Campaign or Regulatory communications experience (customer focused) within a regulatory environment (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience in a comms planning, media planning, digital strategy, or a social planning role; ability in developing customer-focused solutions, marketing, and transformational communications
- Some experience and/or awareness of integrated campaign delivery across multiple internal touchpoints and channels; with proven ability on its impact to reduce risk and/or meet regulatory requirements
- Previous experience of multi-tasking, prioritisation, and solution-orientated approaches
- Experience working within matrix teams Experience of change processes including requests, requirements gathering and releases (specific to customer communications)
- Experience and/or awareness in preparing for change releases, new projects, and support in developing test cases within a matrix-managed team
- Ability to use insights to drive greater connection with consumers
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and present
- Well organised and meticulous
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.