** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for two Product Developers to join us. In this role, you will deliver a high-quality, reliable, and efficient service to customers or colleagues. You will provide expert advice, designs, solutions, or services.
You will be joining the engine room of Saga Holidays, indeed any tour operator, where decisions you make directly affect the success of the company … you can make a real change!
Reporting into the Head of Product, you will train and learn the nuances of creating exceptional experiences for our customers that are commercially viable and working within one of the best teams in the industry. You will get to travel to distant parts and work independently, coming back with contracts that will storm the tour operating and Saga world!
You will have a travel background and an ability to collaborate across the travel business and work with external suppliers. You will be able to work with precision and pace, being adaptable to change and have an entrepreneurial and customer focused approach to approach to work.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this role is of interest to you, apply now!
- Negotiate necessary supplier contracts for products in areas agreed with the Saga Head of Product on time and within target budget
- Develop and propose new product (touring or stay) to the relevant Head of Product and Product Development team
- Collaborate with the Head of Product and Saga Commercial department to agree target rates and budget parameters to achieve a market beating value proposition
- Complete a product brief for each product, making sure that all necessary details are included and clearly communicated.
- Manage supplier relations appropriately and in line with the Saga values
- Collaborate with the Aviation team to ensure the best arrangements and best operating efficiency for Saga customers
- Brief Saga’s Quality department on the products and seek their approval to the plans
- Conduct contracting visits to the destinations as needed
- Ensure that any promotional material is produced accurately and effectively and portrays the products to the customer
- Suggest ways in which products can be more effectively marketed
- Ensure that all literature (brochures etc) is thoroughly checked for accuracy and impact
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of the holidays sector with a travel background
- An ability to collaborate across the business
- Good supplier negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent Numerical ability
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.