Product Executive 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance products, and creating thousands of unforgettable memories for our loyal holidaymakers who are at the heart of the Saga brand.
This role will support the River Cruise team and be responsible for a selection of products in line with the business strategy whilst ensuring our holidays are competitive and marketing leading.
Working closely with the Product & Purchasing Manager, you will have a great opportunity to learn and develop some dedicated product ownership. You will have excellent multi-tasking and organisation skills and be able to understand the product development process. Outstanding communication skills are also key as this role involves building relationships with internal and external suppliers.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career with Saga.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Develop a thorough knowledge and take full responsibility for designated products in order to make valued decisions regarding the product operation and the impact of any effect that an unforeseeable change may have on the running of the holiday
- Ensure smooth operation of the product journey from conception, through operation, to post holiday complaints and issues
- To liaise with both Ground and Air Purchasing Managers for required product information to enable operation of the product
- Ensure robust cost and revenue controls are adhered to in respect of any non-budgeted or unnecessary expenditure or compensation recovery from internal/external suppliers
- To proactively fight any attempted refusal to accept bookings and requests to stop sales from suppliers
- To build excellent internal and external supplier relationships and ensure that they receive an excellent “one-stop shop” service, by becoming the product expert
- Ensure all products are briefed and capable of delivering high levels of quality for the business and assess where improvements can be made to ensure our product remains the market leader
- Understand the product development process in order to consider where changes can be made to improve the delivery of products and influence itinerary planning to maximise opportunities
- Assess the commercial and operational viability of new and existing product, performing all necessary checks before operation to ensure customer satisfaction whilst on holiday
- To attend and take a proactive role in the resolution of all significant incidents/ operational issues, communicating any necessary information to other relevant parties
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the Travel industry would be an advantage
- The ability to speak a foreign language would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of reservation a system
- Ability to develop close working relationships with internal and external suppliers to achieve optimum results
- Persuasion, negotiation, reasoning and problem-solving skills are key
- Use own initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to manage own workloads and display excellent time management and ability to self motivate
Education and qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills including the ability to prioritise work load as needed
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.