** Hybrid - Average of 1-2 days per week in office **
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
We are looking for a strong team player with a good sense of commercial awareness, a passion for travel and a positive 'can do' attitude to join our team.
We’ll encourage you to use your initiative to solve problems, strike up great working relationships with all areas of the business and communicate effectively, to ensure the continual smooth running of all our fantastic holidays.
No day is the same - you'll be working for the heart of the business, problem solving and helping colleagues by answering questions.
- As the main point of contact for day-to-day queries from the business, become a ‘knowledge champion’ for your assigned geographic areas or holiday type, enabling you to respond with swift decisions and answers.
- Make sure all our holiday are set and ready for our clients to enjoy; all the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed.
- Form really strong, persuasive working relationships with our suppliers, to ensure we are getting the very best service and support from them at all times.
- Contracting and negotiating with all suppliers to meet target net rates, making informed recommendations to the Product Manager as required.
- Work closely with colleagues around the business; from Sales and Marketing to Field Services and Finance – communicating updates and changes as required.
- We take Quality Control seriously! Be ready to respond to any quality issues, liaising with suppliers and our Customer Service teams.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to develop the new tours and research ideas that will excite our customers.
- Represent the company at trade shows, corporate functions and overseas trips if and when required.
- Motivate and support the other members of the Product team, through effective delegation and guidance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Problem solving ability and commercially astute.
- Experience in negotiating rates with suppliers.
- Customer centered approach and an understanding of customers’ expectations.
- Committed to quality of experience, service and the customer journey.
- Highly organized.
- An excellent communicator, motivator and team player.
- High level of attention to detail, able to meet deadlines in a fast paced business environment.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible.
- Ambitious and keen to develop both within the role, and the wider business.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.