Product Innovation Lead
** Remote/home working allowed **
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
The Insurance business is the largest part of the Saga Group. It provides tailored products including the recently launched fixed price insurance product.
…And right now, we are looking for a Product Innovation Lead at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be delivering on an innovation vision which creates exceptional experiences across all products and channels to drive an improvement in customer satisfaction scores, also reflecting in more effective customer acquisition and retention.
You will bring excellent communication skills, a good understanding of customer journeys, retention, interaction and touchpoints as well as be able to manage multiple ongoing projects.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Delivering on an innovation vision which creates exceptional experiences across all products and channels to drive an improvement in customer satisfaction scores, also reflecting in more effective customer acquisition and retention.
- Maintaining an understanding of industry trends and best practices in terms of product/process innovation and customer experience. Proactively sharing relevant insights with the business, fostering a cross-functional dialogue to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and complementary product feature improvements, which will enhance the customer experience and maximize performance outcomes. Working to SLAs and providing detailed analysis of findings.
- Attending relevant internal meetings and forums to complement the analytical view with feedback from colleagues on customer outcome and relevant business impact.
- Assisting with innovation partner scouting and relationship management, from initial contact to pilot to roll-out. Ensuring competent onboarding has been completed with any new partner or provider. Completing relevant governance (i.e. Product Approval Forms) and contractual tasks such as liaising with the Saga Legal Team to draft contracts for approved pilots.
- Setting-up, managing, monitoring and sharing results of pilots aimed at testing innovative proposition concepts. Fostering an inclusive and collaborative cross-functional culture around every pilot project.
- Working with the customer strategy team to deliver new propositions and product design based on horizon scanning and analysis of customer pain points. Taking the lead on these projects when required.
- Using existing frameworks to log and escalate identified risks and issues that impact or could impact the customer outcome.
- Approaching innovation change both bottom-up (from individual initiative) and top-down (operationalising our strategy of excellent customer experience). Being the link both ways, presenting relevant concepts in as much detail as project teams require or as high level as needed in an executive committee discussing our insurance strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Develop working relationships with all areas of Saga Insurance
- Good understanding of all customer-impacting areas of the business
- Good understanding of customer journeys, retention, interaction and touchpoints
- Good understanding of marketing and product functions
- Able to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
- Strong working knowledge of relevant products and services
- Understanding regulatory requirement within Financial Services
- Analytical, presentation and report-writing skills
- Ability to draw actionable insights, define action plans and follow execution through
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Planning and organisation skills, project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaboratively work with others
- Acute sense of curiosity and passion for innovation
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.