Product Manager Regulatory Assurance
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Product and Proposition team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the services business.
In this role, you'll ensure effective first line control function in respect of governance and regulation. You'll work across the business to maintain effective risk assessment and management whilst ensuring compliance within the ever changing regulatory landscape. A key focus of the role will be regulatory engagement and creation of GAP analysis, regulatory change impact assessments working with the second line control functions.
You'll bring strong communication skills, with an ability to liaise with stakeholders both internally and externally, moderating approach in different situations.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Monitor regulatory reporting and change, making assessment of the impact of the landscape on the Saga Services business and reporting back as appropriate
- Working with second line control functions to create and maintain robust control frameworks
- Creation of action plan/impact assessments to mitigate risk and continually enhance the control environment
- To ensure consistency in governance/regulatory reporting across the team
- Play a key role in business wide regulatory workstreams as a representative of the product team
- Track relevant actions for the product team in order to ensure customers receive the best possible outcomes as a result of our product suite
- Providing support on specialist projects within the product and proposition team and across the wider business
- Support product and wider cross functional team in maintaining first line oversight of regulatory risk
- Support training delivery as needed to maintain an effective control environment
- Complete self-assessment and GAP analysis to enable communication of risk to the successful operation of the control environment
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the business
- Strong communicator both internally and with external parties (verbally and in written communication)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Capable of thinking clearly to apply technical regulatory knowledge to the commercial demands of the business
- Understanding of the regulatory environment in respect of general insurance
- Analytical, methodical mind – able to think of innovative problem solving ideas
- Competent in writing accurate, clear and concise executive summaries
- Ability to interrogate MI and identify trends
Education and qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education
- Strong customer ethos
- Ability to self-manage when needed
- Flexible approach, personable and open to embracing change
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.