Product Manager (Rivers & Third Party Cruise)
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Product team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the travel function of the business.
A true owner of product who demonstrates constant innovation, driving passion and excellence through their team to deliver market leading products. Tenacity, drive and an entrepreneurial spirit are key to this role. You must deliver a product portfolio that delivers on the highest quality and customer satisfaction standards.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Deliver differentiated and commercially optimal product to support the business plan.
- Champion your product area across the business, being the first point of contact internally for any questions or queries.
- Design innovative and successful products.
- Ensure all product is consistent with the Saga Proposition and overarching product strategy.
- Maintain excellent customer satisfaction scores through product delivery and ongoing management.
- Ensure all products are scrutinised and quality checked to ensure they operate seamlessly with maximum customer satisfaction.
- Carry out all necessary checks on new products before operation.
- Create unique and authentic excursion experiences in line with Saga Cruises Shorex proposition.
- Management of content accuracy and delivery across the business and relevant systems, including customer facing documentation.
- Keep abreast of competitor strategy, updating the team, to identify learning opportunities.
- Ensure that sales are trained on products & offers and plan educationals/fam trips.
- Prevent and resolve operational issues.
- Optimise opportunities within SPINS and solos to drive and enable further growth in line with Company objectives.
- Manage holiday component changes to minimise disruption to the customer.
- Develop an excellent relationship with the Purchasing team to ensure all products are designed, developed and implemented as efficiently as possible.
- Understand market trends and opportunities and integrate these into product development.
- Lead and motivate your team to achieve commercial targets, and inspire their passion in the products.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience within a Tour Operator environment in an operational, product, commercial or content environment.
- Proven track record of managing administrative processes, with an eye for continued efficiency and improvement.
- Proven track record of managing, using and training bespoke systems (e.g. CRM, databases, reservations systems).
- Proven track record of working successfully with external partners, across counties and cultures.
The following capabilities are also a pre-requisite for the role:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to set and follow through clear targets and objectives.
- Able to operate as an ambassador for the company, across countries and cultures.
Education and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- This person is a strategic thinker, target orientated, problem solver, with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes to project priorities.
- Passion for travel, teams and technology. Flexibility to travel as and when required, sometimes at short notice.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.