Product Manager (Touring)
** Remote/home working**
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
The Product Manager role is critical to ensuring our customers’ holiday experience is the best it can possibly be. You will take ownership for designing and contracting every part of the tour, from arrival at the first hotel to departure at the last; with a constant eye for detail and an enthusiasm for giving our customers an exceptional and sector leading experience on every tour. You will source the best overseas partners both commercially and service-orientated, innovating new products and destinations that inspire and excite our customers and truly set the benchmark for perfected escorted tour. Your responsibility for each tour is full circle and will focus on really understanding our customers; from design and contracting, through operational effectiveness to refinement and quality control.
- Developing new, innovative and commercially successful holidays aligned to the product strategy, appealing to both existing and first-time-buyers.
- Support the Product Director in delivering a strategy for product innovation and sector leadership.
- Take a pro-active, leadership approach to innovation, proposing new brand-enhancing products and services to delight our customers.
- Refining and re-engineering existing product to optimise performance and customer experience.
- Contracting and negotiating with suppliers, securing best in market rates and exclusive deals, offers, overrides, marketing funds and other commercial advantages.
- Ensuring products meet company Health & Safety standards with necessary due diligence.
- Renegotiating with suppliers; reacting to market pressures as necessary and seeking exclusive offers to maintain maximum competitiveness in the market place.
- Awareness of competitor activity and using customer insights to identify and implement commercial opportunities.
- Being an active part of the Quality process; working closely with internal and external partners to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders (Aviation, Commercial, Marketing, Sales and Operations).
- Travel as needed to attend trade shows, source new suppliers, research new product ideas and gain knowledge of destinations.
- Representing at the highest levels with supplier organisations, political bodies and trade contacts.
- Delivering informative and engaging product training to all relevant areas of the business and directly to customers.
⦁ Play a key role in any crisis situation
The Ideal Candidate
⦁ Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills.
⦁ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written & verbal).
⦁ High level of numerical skills.
⦁ High level of commercial and operational experience.
⦁ Initiative, diplomacy, tact and sound judgement.
⦁ Highly organised and disciplined.
⦁ Ability to follow through targets and objectives.
⦁ Flexibility to travel, sometimes for extended periods and sometimes at short notice.
⦁ Knowledge of working in a group tour operating environment.
⦁ A proven track record in travel Product Management.
⦁ Excellent Product and destination knowledge.
⦁ Able to be a senior ambassador for the company.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.