Assistant Marketing Manager
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Group Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Membership function of the business.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing, the Assistant Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the marketing strategy to drive sales for the Travel and Services divisions, using Possibilities. The role will have direct accountability for achieving these sales targets.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Devise a strategic and tactical plan for Travel and Services, as part of the overall marketing plan for membership
- Produce an annual forecast of sales for Travel and Services, driven by Possibilities, working with finance, data and internal marketing teams
- Identify target segments and develop appropriate strategies to communicate with them, developing test and learn plans and specifically focusing on personalisation
- Provide reporting on Travel and Services sales driven by Possibilities activity, against forecast
- Ensure that the correct balance between driving product sales and maintaining engagement in the membership programme is achieved, working closely with the Acquisition and Engagement Manager
- Ensure that plans and campaigns are aligned with the Travel and Services marketing teams, and working alongside the CVM team too
- Ensure that Possibilities is featured in all marketing and transactional communications, working with the divisional marketing teams
- Work with Product and Marketing teams within Travel and Services to ensure the proposition for members is differentiated, and always look for ways to improve the offering and to increase sales opportunities
- Work with the Membership Operations Executive to ensure that any Travel/Services membership offers are communicated to the operational contact centres
- Work with the Digital teams to improve and maintain the relevant membership customer journeys and to ensure that the Possibilities offering is clear
- Work with the Partnerships team to ensure that the right offers are sought and promoted to help enhance the Possibilities offering
- Directly manage a Senior Marketing Executive, allocating tasks and setting objectives, as well as monitoring performance to ensure membership objectives are achieved
- Develop and maintain a membership brand toolkit to ensure consistency of message and design across the Saga division
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- A real customer driven focus to deliver truly exceptional differentiated propositions
- Thorough understanding of creating marketing campaigns based on great propositions
- Ability to work across multiple companies and product sets
- Thorough understanding of over 50’s market
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint
Education and qualifications:
- Graduate calibre and/or equivalent professional qualification / experience
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills
- Deadline driven and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and focussed on business objectives
- Motivated with a positive attitude
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.