When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Production & Traffic Management team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Creative Services function of the business.
In this role you will be working across the Insurance and Travel businesses and reporting to the Senior Production & Traffic Management Executive.
The core purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth running of the print/digital production process across the business, working with the marketing team, commercial and product teams to ensure that all stakeholders are clear on production deadlines; the correct information is supplied to Creative Services team in a timely manner, and deadlines are met.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
Planning & Scheduling
- Process incoming work through the front desk service
- Assist the Snr Production and Traffic Management Exec in issuing production schedules for each project and communicate to creative team and business stakeholders
- Escalate any circumstances where demand is likely to outstrip available resource so that alternative solutions can be implemented
- Support and assist the Senior Production & Traffic Management Exec by:
- Monitoring progress of all production work through the system, identifying and highlighting any potential delays or pressure points
- Building strong face to face relationships with Commercial and Product teams to facilitate a One Saga approach to production
- Proactively working with all stakeholders to mitigate pressure points and unblock late delivery of information to Creative Services
- Liaising daily with Content and Campaign team to identify gaps in information flow and work proactively with all stakeholders to mitigate
- Ensuring that all necessary sign offs are gained where regulatory approval is required
- Maintaining full audit trail of production inputs which so that these are available for future review as needed
- Assisting the Planning, Production and Systems Manager in running weekly production meetings with the Insurance and Travel businesses to highlight and resolve all live issues
- Liaising closely with the Marketing and Print Purchasing teams so that required delivery dates are met
- Deputise for the Senior Production and Traffic Management Exec in any internal/external meetings as required
- Take on additional project work as and when necessary
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working within a fast-paced production environment, ideally within the travel or insurance industries
- Technically capable, able to develop a good understanding of Production and Studio systems
- Able to develop a good understanding of the production process within our insurance and travel businesses
- Strong communication and people skills builds great relationships with colleagues inside and outside the Creative Services team
- Resourceful, problem-solver, able to deal effectively with numerous, sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Collaborative approach seeks win/win outcomes
- A flexible, hands-on approach
- Willing to learn, develop and take on additional responsibility as the role develops
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eyetests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.