A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the Finance Business MI unit in our Saga Services Ltd (SSL) team.
You will be developing technical systems with the Finance teams to meet business requirements including quality, robustness and security of delivered applications
You'll bring experience working within the Financial sector in Financial Services as well as with Financial applications and processes.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Understanding and utilising core application, analysis and development technologies including transactional systems and databases
- Recommending and utilising several project management methodologies on the best fit for the work at hand
- Understanding and aligning finance projects with Saga’s business goals
- Developing technical systems with the Finance teams to meet business requirements including quality, robustness and security of delivered applications
- Upholding and managing stringent testing procedures and processes to ensure high quality development
- Preparing and verifying business cases around appropriate solutions determining business costs and benefits
- Managing project scope / creep and feeding back to stakeholders in a timely and constructive manner
- Managing strict project management governance through documentation and appropriate frame works
- Taking a proactive role in identifying improvements and changes as well as reviewing end to end business processes and managing the implementation of improvements
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of projects to allow scope, deadlines, budget and standard
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within preset deadlines and to the required standard
- Experienced in end to end project delivery
- Preferably experience working within the financial sector in Financial Services as well as with financial applications and processes
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and relationship building skills
- Experience of working within a team that seeks continuous improvement and actively developing skills and knowledge
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education
- Professional qualification in a relevant area of expertise
- Ability to effectively prioritise individual workload and work under pressure
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed focusing on delivering business benefit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Should be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) capable of getting their points across to both technical and business representatives at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrable leadership and team-working skills are essential
- Able to point multi-functional teams to successfully complete assignments
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.