Risk Pricing Analyst
** Remote/home working allowed **
With market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group a very exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Our Insurance business is the largest part of the Saga Group. It provides tailored products including the recently launched fixed price insurance product.
…And right now, we are looking for a RIsk Pricing Analyst to join us. In this role, you'll support our underwriting business in its ambitious plans to become market leaders. With a new way of thinking, this is a great opportunity to really make this role your own.
You will have strong pricing experience gained from the general insurance industry, with an in-depth knowledge of how pricing works. Ideally, you'll understand footprint and how to expand it. You will bring a 2:1+ degree in a Maths-based subject with a proactive, hands on approach to work.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral new role to our insurance business, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you a pricing specialist, then we want to hear from you!
- Leading an in-depth understanding of the over 50s Motor insurance market including AICL’s competitive footprint by granular market segments
- Creating detailed, granular profiles of the competitive market environment and a dynamic view of how market competitors interact with AICL
- Analysing, and communicating, how AICL’s competitive footprint changes on an ongoing basis
- Monitoring policy volumes, average premiums and decline rates daily, communicating areas of strong and poor performance to the wider Motor Risk Pricing team
- Working closely with the Motor Risk Pricing Leads to:
- Develop strategic proposals to expand AICL footprint and maximise policy volumes and growth
- Manage areas of under and over exposure in terms of AICL footprint
- Create proposals to manage the policy and premium volumes of the book to targeted levels
- Understand the impact of the above on the claims performance of the book
- Undertake risk pricing analyses, where required
- Collaborate with all other Motor Risk Pricing team members on project work, demonstrating enthusiasm and contributing actively to discussions Build strong working relationships within the Saga Group, in particular with the Retail Pricing team, to understand how the competitive footprint of Saga and AICL interact
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the General Insurance industry
- Experience in a role focused on competitive footprint and trading would be an advantage
- Experience of programming languages such as SQL, VBA and R
- Knowledge of Radar, Emblem, ResQ or similar systems
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- 2.1 or above in a numerical degree
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, with a strong desire to learn
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Strong organisational skills, e.g. manages time effectively, prioritises work appropriately, documents work thoroughly
- Good at working in a team and demonstrates this by helping peers/department to achieve tasks when deadline is tight
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- The ability to work from anywhere with our tech capabilities
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.