Risk Pricing Analyst
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Pricing Analyst to join our Underwriting Pricing team. In this role, you will be working closely with the Pricing Manager to develop and implement complex solutions to help our pricing capabilities become the market leading standard.
This is an exciting time to join this expanding team as they drive towards being market leading!
You will bring a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work with an ability to apply strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills with commercial awareness and judgement. You will also have a 2:1 or above degree in a mathematical based subject.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Contributing to pricing model development and granular pricing analysis, including use of machine learning, and finding new data sources to modernise pricing models
- Monitoring performance of pricing models and amending where needed
- Developing management information and performing ad-hoc analysis to help inform key business decisions
- Becoming proficient in Radar, Emblem and Excel, and using where appropriate in analysis
- Accurately building, testing, and deploying pricing changes
- Finding, understanding, and explaining emerging trends in the Motor market
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities
- Knowledge of statistical modelling with GLMs and/or machine learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Strong organisational skills, e.g., time management, documentation etc
- Collaborative e.g., showed by helping peers/department to achieve tasks when deadline is tight. Happy working extended hours to meet business needs
- Knowledge of modelling software, such as Radar, Emblem, or similar systems would be an advantage
- Experience in some programming languages such as SQL, R and Python would be an advantage
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.