** Hybrid/home working allowed coming into our Folkestone office once a month**
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
…And right now, we are looking for Risk and Assurance Coordinator in our Business Assurance part of our insurance business at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships and leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be responsible for supplying First Line of Defence (1LOD) Risk Management Services and Business Assurance support, as well as being responsible for 1LOD Risk Reporting, maintenance of Risk Policies and Risk Registers, management and facilitation of periodic Control Self-Assessment testing and Incident Management.
You will bring excellent personal and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate closely with business stakeholders across multiple entities.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Business Risk Register maintenance and facilitation 6 monthly reviews, through risk workshop sessions and Senior Management Interviews, using standard/company approved risk register templates and scoring tools.
- The ownership of key control documentation linked to the functional risk registers, incorporating guidance provided by 2LOD.
- Conducting design and operational control effectiveness testing as required by control guidance material, ensuring that control weaknesses are identified as part of the process and action is taken to enhance the control framework.
- Coordinating incident management in accordance with the Saga Incident Policy; leading and supporting lessons learnt, deep dives and clean up activity; ensuring that it is conducted in accordance with internal guidance and has the customer at the heart of any prioritisation and decisions made.
- Supporting the prompt closure of incidents across the business, including taking ownership of actions and the provision of regular updates that fall under my function/business area.
- 1LOD Risk Management Reporting, including but not limited to; Top and Emerging Risks, Control Effectiveness and Self-Assessment Results, Key Risk Indicator MI, and Incident Management; requiring circulation and formal submission to numerous fora in line with agreed timescales.
- Actively engaging with Group Risk to ensure risk management activity aligns with the Group Risk Framework promoting a standardised approach across the business and contributing to the continuous improvement of risk management.
- Acting as a point of contact for key Stakeholders, Business Leads and Risk Champions, fostering a positive, open, and honest culture that prioritises good customer outcomes and show high levels of engagement with the wider business, sharing experience and knowledge for the benefit of the team and wider business.
- Facilitating and/or attending various Risk Meetings, actively contributing and championing 1LOD Risk Management, utilising Technical and Business Leads to ensure risk commentary and mitigations accurately reflect the present position.
- Providing general Business Assurance support and guidance to the operational management teams in relation to regulation, disclosures, scripting, and quality controls; to ensure compliance across a range of business activities.
- Coordinating the completion of actions because of internal and external audit, monitoring, and gap analysis outcomes; capturing any risks and control weaknesses.
- Liaising the relevant areas of the business to ensure that any actions because of regulatory or legal changes are highlighted and actions are implemented.
The Ideal Candidate
Highly organised and methodical, with the ability to juggle a multitude of tasks and deadlines, whilst working under pressure.
Must be able to work to a high degree of accuracy.
Flexible approach, personable and able to embrace change.
High work ethic and drive, with ability to self-manage.
Demonstrable competence in writing clear and concise executive summaries and producing performance packs for senior management.
Maintains discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism.
Positive outlook, with a solution-centric approach.
Excellent communication skills across all business levels.
The ability to foster a positive culture that prioritises good customer outcomes and shows high levels of engagement with the wider business.
Ability to see the broader picture and recognise the effects of actions/problems on all areas of the business.
Effective use of Microsoft Word and Excel, and good general IT literacy.
A good standard of secondary education is necessary, Educated to A level (or equivalent) standard and of graduate calibre.
Experience within a risk environment or compliance/assurance-based role would be advantageous.
Knowledge of the insurance industry and associated regulations.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.