Sales Support Assistant
** Hybrid role with a requirement to come to the office an average of once a week**
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
As a Sales Support Assistant you will be supporting the Sales Team in ensuring clients additional booking requests are confirmed in a timely fashion, creating tailor-made extensions to a client’s tour that may have been out of range at time of booking and to maximise all up-sell opportunities to meet the company targets and action any administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Liaise with our suppliers on any element of a booking that is on request or out of system range (holiday additions, extended stays, cabin requests, change of allocations etc.) by telephone and email; ensuring confirmation is achieved within 24/48 hours.
- Where this is not being achieved, work with suppliers to improve response times, whilst maintaining excellent relationships.
- Booking Amendments: Amend Tour group allocations and update client booking ensuring a 24 hour turnaround is achieved and that we are not overselling coach capacity.
- Speak with clients/agents to get their requests confirmed and if required investigate and suggest alternative options.
- Investigate and feedback any issues that are preventing you from booking clients requirements.
- Maximise all Sales opportunities and up sell wherever possible in order to enhance the customers experience.
- Communicate with clients on the phone/via email to confirm their booking arrangements and to ensure that all their requirements are met.
- Book clients travel arrangements on the in-house system ensuring the accuracy of clients itinerary, documentation and invoices.
- Meet all supplier deadlines to ensure clients tickets are issued in good time for departure.
- Book flight itineraries using Amadeus GDS/in-house system whilst adhering to the in-house Airline Procedures and contracts, understanding CAT35 and published fare rules.
- Manage the Amadeus GDS Queues including: Schedule Changes, cancellations and amendments. Updating client’s bookings with any flight amendments and ensuring existing itineraries are amended accordingly with minimal cost to the company. All new arrangements must be discussed with the client to ensure their needs are met.
- Flight Notices/Supplier Notices: Check all existing itineraries and update affected bookings ensuring itineraries are amended accordingly with minimal cost to the company. All new arrangements must be discussed with the client to ensure their needs are met.
- Support the cancellations team with cancellations and transferred bookings; cancelling or re-booking of ad-hoc itineraries with suppliers, liaise with clients ensuring any new travel arrangements meet their needs.
- Dependant on business demands, carry out call outs to offer additional booking elements.
- Attend training sessions to improve product knowledge and productivity.
- Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the financial goals of the business.
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of housekeeping and attention to health and safety issue so as to create a healthy and safe working environment.
- Willingly carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Company in line with the company Employee Handbook.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- An excellent eye for detail and accurate keyboard skills.
- Good administrative and communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
- Able to work on own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Can work to deadlines, work well under pressure and prioritise workloads.
Education and Qualifications:
- Travel industry experience (preferred).
- Amadeus GDS trained (preferred although full training will be given).
- Good knowledge of MS word/Excel/Outlook.
- A passion for travel.
- Enthusiastic and driven approach.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.