Sales Support Assistant
Here at Titan Travel, we’re fiercely passionate about providing customers with fantastic holidays, making sure that every step of their journey is met with excellent customer service and support. Part of the Saga Group, we take our customers to some of the world’s most exciting destinations, from Kathmandu to New England and Buenos Aires to Alaska, where travellers have access to once in a lifetime experiences and can create memories they can treasure forever.
This role is an important part of the Sales Support team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Titan Travel business.
You will be offering full administrative support to our Sales team, you will be liaising with customers and suppliers on a daily basis to ensure that every part of your customers’ journeys runs smoothly. Working your way through the multitude of requests coming in daily is a key part of this role; ensuring that you arrange and book any elements that are listed on customer itineraries accordingly and that confirmation is received within 24/48 hours.
You should be a customer driven individual who has an excellent eye for detail and excellent administrative and communication skills, with the ability to use your own passion about travel to help customers have the perfect holiday. Whilst experience in the travel industry is preferred, it’s not essential, you just need to be enthusiastic and have a driven approach to working and providing great customer experience.
And in return we offer excellent opportunities for career development, commission schemes and fantastic incentives throughout the year, such as flights, high street vouchers and many more. With great working hours that encourage a work life balance, you’ll be part of a fun and friendly team. Plus, you’ll receive a wide range of discounts on holidays, flights and more for yourself, family and friends!
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Liaise with our suppliers on any element of a booking that is on request or out of system range (holiday additions, extended stays, cabin requests, change of allocations etc.) by telephone and email; ensuring confirmation is achieved within 24/48 hours.
- Where this is not being achieved work with suppliers to improve response times, whilst maintaining excellent relationships.
- Booking Amendments: Amend Tour group allocations and update client booking ensuring a 24 hour turnaround is achieved and that we are not overselling coach capacity.
- Speak with clients/agents to get their requests confirmed and if required investigate and suggest alternative options.
- Investigate and feedback any issues that are preventing you from booking clients requirements.
- Maximise all sales opportunities and up sell wherever possible in order to enhance the customers experience.
- Communicate with clients on the phone/via email to confirm their booking arrangements and to ensure that all their requirements are met.
- Action all administration duties to ensure a smooth running of the team, such as: out of range queue, queries queue, option spreadsheet, regional flight queue and Taurus queues.
- Book clients travel arrangements on the in-house system (Taurus) ensuring the accuracy of client itinerary, documentation and invoices.
- Complete the Easy Rider administrative duties on a daily basis.
- Contact clients and Travel Agents by phone and email to obtain missing booking information, such as passport, next of kin and insurance details.
- Meet all supplier deadlines to ensure clients tickets are issued in good time for departure.
- Have good knowledge of how to read and use Airline contracts.
- Book flight itineraries directly with Airlines or by using Amadeus GDS whilst adhering to the in house Airline Procedures and contracts, understanding CAT35 and published fare rules.
- Manage the Amadeus GDS Queues including: Schedule Changes, cancellations and amendments.
- Updating client’s bookings with any flight amendments and ensuring existing itineraries are amended accordingly with minimal cost to the company. All new arrangements must be discussed with the client to ensure their needs are met.
- Flight Notices/Supplier Notices: Check all existing itineraries and update and affected bookings ensuring itineraries are amended accordingly with minimal cost to the company. All new arrangements must be discussed with the client to ensure their needs are met.
- Action cancellations and transferred bookings; cancelling or re-booking of itineraries with suppliers, liaise with clients ensuring any new travel arrangements meet their needs.
- Dependant on business demands, carry out call outs to offer additional booking elements.
- Attend training sessions to improve product knowledge and productivity
- Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the financial goals of the business.
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of housekeeping and attention to health and safety issue so as to create a healthy and safe working environment.
- Willingly carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Company in line with the company Employee Handbook.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- An excellent eye for detail and accurate keyboard skills.
- Good administrative and communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
- Able to work on own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Can work to deadlines, work well under pressure and prioritise workloads.
Education and Qualifications:
- Travel industry experience (preferred).
- Amadeus GDS trained (preferred although full training will be given).
- Good knowledge of MS word/Excel/Outlook.
- A passion for travel.
- Enthusiastic and driven approach.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.