Security & Vulnerability Management Engineer
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We are looking for a Security & Vulnerability Management Engineer to work in our Group IT Operations part of the business.
This role will be expected to work closely across the group IT operations and information security teams to provide ownership, accountability and remediation of security patches, vulnerability management and security updates across the Microsoft Windows estate.
The role is expected to have a broad technical capability as well as proven experience in delivering security and vulnerability management across a complex and diverse technical landscape.
Due to the requirement for business stability and impact assessment of changes, the role is expected to work a shift pattern that is expected to cover out of hours work during evenings and weekends.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Ownership and management of new and existing toolsets required to manage the security and vulnerability adherence.
- Identify low value activity and suitable process for automation and the implementation of this.
- Ownership and distribution of appropriate reporting as required by the business.
- Compliance reporting and Window OS vulnerability management.
- Understanding of Windows security and ability to work / liaise with Cyber Security teams for vulnerabilities.
- Perform daily, Weekly and Monthly scheduled tasks relating to Patching and AV management when required.
- Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
- Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
- Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
- Ensure all implemented solutions are backed up with documentation.
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
- Operate as a conduit for issues arising from the application of security patches and/or vulnerability mitigations. To recognise these issues and escalate appropriately, according to procedures, to both IT and other areas of the business.
- Liaise with internal and external bodies, including user groups, business supervisor, Technical Consultants, Strategic Planning, Project Managers and IT consultants.
- Monitor systems and proactively recognise and raise issues to the business and to IT where required.
- Communicate IT support issues effectively to the business by translation of technical jargon into layman’s terms.
- Administer the system maintenance procedures; raise, take ownership and update change requests / faults and communicate their progress to both internal and external customers.
- Work within any SLA’s agreed with management and various areas of the business relating to the adherence of policies and procedures for security and vulnerability management.
- Partake in an ongoing roster including evenings and weekends.
- Undertake any other activity, which is required by their line manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Experience
- Working in an infrastructure related role within a corporate environment.
- Basic level of awareness of the ITIL service management processes including incident, problem and change management.
Education and Qualifications (preferable)
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent.
- Industry recognised, associate level qualification (e.g. MCP, VCP, RHCSA) or equivalent.
- Pro-active and self-motivating with strong customer focus.
- Driven and tenacious high performer, with no tolerance of mediocrity.
- First-class communicator.
- Strategic vision with ability to take pragmatic, incremental steps to achieve desired end-state and demonstrable experience of IT Strategy formulation.
- Systematic and inclusive approach to fault and issue resolution.
- Self-motivated, able to manage own workload effectively.
- Maintains a professional approach when working on day-to-day activities.
- Good written & verbal skills.
- Able to work methodically under pressure.
- Good analytical skills, able to use data to determine cause of incidents, and able to act on this data to resolve incidents.
- Good customer service skills. Able to maintain a good rapport with customers, ensuring timely updates around incident diagnosis or project activities.
- Flexible approach, able to react to changing situations. Often volunteers to take part in work out of normal office hours.
- Good understanding of the Saga business, its products and customers.
- Good time management and organisation skills. Regularly manages the completion of tasks on time with some intervention from the manager.
- Positive attitude that supports confidence, respect and support from other team members.
- Able to work with other IT teams effectively.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.