A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career. We encourage, support and champion you to reach your full potential.
This role will form a key part of the WFM team, and how we manage costs effectively within Saga Services and CHMC contact centres.
The management of our headcount is complex and requires an exceptional ability in order to understand and interpret numbers. You will be responsible for presenting detailed headcount information, to support the business in making effective decisions on headcount planning, and therefore strong controls over of cost base.
You will be able to form strong relationships with our Finance and Marketing teams, building strong processes around data, how and where we source it as well as how we understand and present it.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Translate Marketing and Finance data into call forecast models
- Manage headcount modelling inputs and outputs to create effective headcount forecasts
- Create and enhance complex models for contact centre teams
- Use tracking reports for ACD, penetration and other metrics to feed headcount model forecasts
- Present headcount movements, issues and trends to the Senior Management team in monthly steering group meetings
- Track accuracy of all forecast models, and highlight opportunities to improve forecasting accuracy
- Present timely recommendations on contact activity in order to support the delivery of contact centre performance metrics
- Build strong processes with the Marketing and Finance teams, to ensure a robust approach to headcount planning
- Able to influence how we structure our organisation to deliver optimal performance
- Challenge existing practices to deliver efficiencies to operating model
- Create and present recommendations on recruitment cycles, with supporting analysis, to the Senior Management team
- Create business cases to support investment decisions
- Create clarity around productivity and performance metrics
- Provide technical support and guidance to the department to build our future capability
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience
- Experience of handling large sets of complex data
- Experience of creating headcount models
- Experience of analysing complex data
- Able to work collaboratively across multiple divisions
- Proactive in driving forecast and planning activities
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced analytical skills
Education and qualifications
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
- Highly analytical
- Excellent communicator
- Strong written presentation skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A thirst for information and data
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.