Senior Credit Hire Consultant
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Credit Hire Consultant to join us here at Saga.
You will be primarily focus of this role is to execute the Claimant Credit hire claims strategy, provide technical guidance to the operational teams and management.
You will bring expert knowledge of the principles of insurance, litigation and claims technique are imperative. Extensive experience in handling negotiation and conducting litigation are required.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Execute the Claimant Credit Hire Technical Strategy including the maintenance of key motor claims profit strategies
- Identify opportunities to improve technical capability, quality, efficiency and profitability, through analysis of data, direct observation and feedback from the teams
- Lead change within the business through influencing stakeholders, often at senior levels, and creating compelling business cases. Managing the implementation of change and measuring the success of it
- Oversee and improve the Litigation strategy and performance within litigation
- Act as a key technical referral point
- Have the ability to manage a small portfolio of high value claims, if necessary
- Carry out audits, if required, either on a regular or ad hoc basis and present and implement action plans to remedy any issue identified
- Motivate, develop and coach others
- Maintain relationships within the market to increase company influence
- Manage relationships with a panel of suppliers to maximise their performance and ensure issue are dealt with in a timely manner
- Communicate through open and honest feedback
- Role model the Saga values to all staff
- Keep own knowledge up to date via continuous personal development
- Comply with the standards laid out by various regulatory bodies e.g. FCA, MOJ etc
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience of litigation, liability, quantum disputes and negotiation
- Extensive knowledge of Technical Credit Hire Claims
- Ability to build technical capability through learning techniques
- Ability to analyse data and provide detailed insight at a senior level
- Ability to think quickly and utilise questioning and reasoning techniques to make decisions independently and confidently
- Able to work under pressure to achieve challenging performance targets
- Experience with Microsoft Excel highly preferred
Education and Qualifications:
- Legal qualifications preferable
- Education to degree level preferable
- Education to A-level strongly preferred
- High standards with meticulous attention to detail
- Organised and methodical
- Naturally supportive of others
- Maintains complete discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident, assertive and able to influence others
- Great communication skills and ability to adapt style to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.