Senior Customer Experience Insight Executive
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Customer Experience Insight Executive to join our Saga Group Research team based in Enbrook, Folkestone.
You will assist in the effective delivery of a full customer experience programme, secondly to drive change within the business to help create a truly differentiating experience for our customers.
You will bring strong communications verbally and written.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
To manage the transition of remaining business areas from manual tracking survey (MoT) to automated Voice of the Customer programme. This includes;
- Helping to develop a strategy for the Voice of the Customer transition
- Liaising and advising different stakeholders during the transition process to ensure their insight needs will be met
- Building a deep understanding of Saga data systems, databases and contact strategies, and being able to confidently use this knowledge to set up and execute the transition, as well as offering solutions to any potential barriers
- Questionnaire design - to advise on appropriate question wording and questionnaire structure
- Alongside IT and data teams build automated processes that deliver sample to our external supplier
- Management of fieldwork including field updates, ensuring quality is controlled and maintained throughout data collection
- Preparing a strategic plan of how to future proof the VOC programme, ensuring changes to internal systems (i.e. SID, Darwin etc) have minimal impact
To rationalise the Voice of the Customer programme to ensure it is delivering insight across all areas of the business. This includes;
- Leading the management of the complex Voice of the Customer research programme, with assistance from junior members of the team
- Working with the relevant teams across the business to identify if/how the Voice of the Customer programme is meeting their needs and offering insight – if gaps are identified, prioritise and agree a plan of work which will not only leverage VOC/NPS/Brand insight but also analyse Saga customer data
- Manage multiple stakeholders and teams, whilst working with our external agency to develop questionnaires, set up surveys and create dashboards for all areas of the business
- Data analysis ranging from topline results to more in-depth analysis, including correlation and key driver analysis
- Lead effective identification and delivery of applied insight from the findings, building these into recommendations for the business
- Link the market specific insight with broader findings from across the Saga Insight group to set this in context of the customer’s life and how this can be improved. Make links between the insight gained across different product areas and promote this broader perspective to drive competitive advantage
- Investigate and identify new innovative research techniques that would benefit the business
- Support research executives in further developing their research skills, offering training in advanced project management and insight techniques
- Support the overall development of the reputation of the team across the business as customer champions, i.e. individuals who have a deep and wide understanding of our customer base, their needs today and how they are changing
- To deputise for the Head of Customer Experience Insight
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A strategic thinker who is able to connect high level trends to particular actions (hence able to go from big picture to specific detail) and implications for the Saga business
- Extensive research experience, skilled in both project management and insight
- Strong communicator and influencer at all levels
- Strong networking skills (across the organisation and externally)
- Broad understanding of and interest in our customer demographic
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of market research principles
- Excellent computer skills, literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and requests with demanding deadlines
- Able to influence these on the basis of customer and market Insight gained
- Demonstrates a can-do approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high level of numeracy
- Report writing and presentation skills at a senior level
- Knowledge of SPSS or Q
- Self-starter, self-motivated and independent thinker - and, importantly, a strong team player
- Well organised and structured in business process
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level
- Business experience
- Experienced market researcher with experience in planning and strategy development
- Practical experience in driving change
- Prince 2 or Agile Project Management trained (desirable)
- Thirst for customer understanding – inquisitive, always asking the question why, what is behind the action, behaviour etc.
- Ability to handle a pressurised environment and juggle competing priorities
- Personal charisma and proven ability to influence decision making at senior levels
- Strong communication skills with confidence across different media
- Able to balance commercial and customer priorities
- A good listener who is very observant and open
- Looks forward (not back) and as such interested in new trends
- Calm and professional
- Flexible team player with the ability to work independently
- A positive can-do attitude
- Right first-time attitude and eye for detail
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.