Senior Events Executive
This role is with Saga PLC, a FTSE 250 company, whose main focuses are in the luxury end of the travel, cruise and insurance markets for the over 50-year old's.
In October 2017 Saga launched the Possibilities membership scheme. Within Possibilities a Senior Events Executive role is now available within the programmes highly regarded Events Team.
This exciting role involves supporting the events team by sourcing, engineering, marketing and operationally delivering ‘money can’t buy’ experiences and ‘best in market’ ticket offers for as diverse an offering of experiences as possible.
You will bring experience of organising events and account management of internal and external stakeholders.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Account Managing external partner and internal stakeholder relationships
- Supporting the team in delivering the full event journey from creative planning through to delivery & execution (e.g. venues, artists, celebrities and catering)
- Attend events to co-ordinate the physical on-site delivery according to each show’s requirements
- To confidently manage customer correspondence, external and internal enquiries and investigations relating to events matters
- Proactively identify commercial opportunities for the events programme and present recommendations & a compelling rationale for executing these ideas
- Supporting the events and wider commercial team in delivering events, ticket offers and other relevant offers for the membership programme
- To regularly, and proactively, conduct analysis of the competitive events & ticketing landscape and present the findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Contributing to the gathering of event supplier quotes for venues, catering, etc
- Support in the planning and delivery of in-show initiatives including member hosting areas, celebrity meet-&-greets, guest lists, and so on
- Regularly engage and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to deliver on all the procedural requirements needed to publish events online, redeem and fulfil tickets, and deliver the physical events
- To follow events business guidelines and deliver in line with the agreed event KPIs and plans
- Adhere, always, to the necessary insurance, legal and health & safety obligations
- Be fully responsible for managing the analysis and reporting of the events business as usual market intelligence, as well as delivering ad hoc reporting as required
- To represent Saga at partner meetings having analysed all the events and ticket offer success indicators; therefore, being able to competently discuss the success of each partners contribution to Possibilities
- To work closely with the internal marketing and PR teams to ensure the maximum promotion of the event and ticket offers
- To work with the internal teams to ensure all the events processes and forms are set up including the annual events calendar is always fully up to date
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in organising large- and small-scale events
- Must have commercial experience in revenue generation, negotiation and cost management
- Proven experience of account managing external and internal stakeholders
- Good research / information gathering skills
- Good organisational and administration skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Enjoys working in a fast-moving environment to strict deadlines
- Good at multi-tasking to stay ahead on this fast-moving project
- Proven experience of handling external and internal stakeholder relationships
- Experience of delivering projects in past roles
- IT literate - Must have Word and Excel. Experience in Sitecore and Adobe would be useful
- A fast learner and adaptable
- A creative thinker
- A good communicator
- Has good organisational and logistical skills
- Enjoys a challenge and problem-solving
- Has a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Stays calm and positive under pressure
- Is professional and diplomatic
- Is customer-service orientated
- A team player
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Enjoys being target-driven and working to strict deadlines
- Has a proactive approach
- Enjoys taking on responsibility
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.