***This is a hybrid role which means you’ll be mainly based at home but with weekly visits to the office to collaborate with your colleagues. So, it’s important you live within a reasonable commuting distance to our office in Folkestone***
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now we are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join our Insurance Finance team. The focus of the role is to support the business in its commercial activities, help to deliver a platform for profitable growth within Insurance by ensuring the business has the tools and insight to make decisions and respond to trends quickly.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with insurance industry experience and strong Excel skills. However, we’d consider candidates with a strong analytical and modelling background who would like to pursue a career in finance.
You will be passionate about data and data visualisation. In addition, you will bring excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Provide commercial support on Insurance strategy and project workstreams.
- Supply financial analysis to support business cases and initiatives.
- Assist the Finance Business Partner in supporting the Insurance CFO & Strategy Director on specific projects.
- Recommend actions to improve business value.
- Development of trading dashboards to supply rapid insight and drive decision making.
- Benefit analysis and tracking of commercial initiatives.
- Drive and challenge the inputs to forecast, budget and 5 year planning processes, acting as a bridge between the business and the Insurance FP&A team.
- Alignment of commercial initiatives with the broking/ underwriting commercial finance team and provision of joint insurance insight, ensuring consistency of data within Insurance.
- Ad hoc support on commercial projects for the insurance business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent Excel skills.
- An affinity for financial modelling.
- Strong management accounting knowledge.
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry, with understanding of broker and/or underwriting business model.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified (non-qualified candidates with very strong analytical and modelling background will also be considered).
- TM1 experience an advantage.
- Good SQL knowledge.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while keeping attention to detail.
- Passionate about data and data visualisation.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to use own initiative or work as part of a team.
- Initiative-taking and enthusiastic about delivering quality.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.