Senior .Net/SQL Developer
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Senior GMD Developer to join our Saga GMD IT Development team.
You will be programming in relevant languages as well as unit testing, system testing and user testing. You’ll also be Investigating and fix any live faults.
You will bring knowledge of C#, ASP.NET 4.5, SQL and WebAPI, with excellent communication skills verbally and written.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street & online discounts, and concession for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading..
- Demonstrable knowledge of C#, ASP.NET 4.5, SQL and WebAPI.
- Good knowledge of windows server applications like IIS and SQL Server.
- Knowledge and ability to utilise MVC software architecture framework.
- Knowledge is desirable in tools such as Resharper, TeamCity, OctopusDeploy and GIT.
- Understanding of SSIS and sql agents in SQL Server 2014 or above.
- Understanding of coding and testing processes and procedures including TDD.
- Takes ownership of deliverables, work under own initiative and manages own timescales.
- Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads.
- Understands competing objectives of commercial benefit and internal quality and when to make effective compromises.
- Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Understanding of secure coding practices including PCI and OWASP security vulnerabilities.
- Use of tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level education preferable.
- A pragmatic understanding of the project and application lifecycle and how these can be appropriately applied.
- Ability to liaise with business users and 3rd party suppliers to understand requirements and produce positive solution outcomes to technical challenges.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding and experience in building software solutions.
- Demonstrable experience (both technical and business centric) of application solutions accounted for by this role.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of projects.
- Logical approach to problem solving and ability to work under pressure.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.