With a hybrid approach requiring occasional days in our London office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance to undertake this role.
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are looking for a Senior Insight Analyst to join our insurance Analytics team. We are looking for a colleague who is wildly interested in, and excited by advanced analytics! You will bring with you enthusiasm, creativity and finely tuned problem solving skills which, you will intuitively use for getting to the root of the problem, ultimately solving issues using data. You will be working with machine learning applications, discovering deeper insights, which allow for the delivery of tangible business value through process efficiency and exceptional customer experiences.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Be involved in Machine Learning use cases and support their delivery, benefits tracking and maintenance
- Able to work on multiple projects, management of priorities and workflow including to other internal and external stakeholders
- Be an advocate for the Insurance Analytics team across the wider business, working collaboratively to demonstrate how analytical techniques can deliver enhanced business outcomes improvement process
- Translate the results of analysis into actionable business recommendations, identifying emerging risks and providing insights and recommendations
- Own a performance pillar, providing responsibility to understand exceptions occurring and escalate these to the relevant teams. Ensuring data is useful and emerging risks are mitigated through business rectification
- Delivery and maintenance of Tableau dashboards and self-serve outputs for end users
- Driving innovation and analysis building a story / providing insight
- Develop ad hoc analysis to answer key tactical and strategic business questions
- Utilising Confluence, sharing knowledge among team members and wider entities to create best practice
- Automation of cloud data pipelines to speed up delivery of data
- Ensuring maintenance of high-quality documentation (data dictionaries, claim processes and data flows) on Confluence to minimise key person dependencies
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of Insurance Claims, pricing and financial management essential.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders to deliver analytical projects.
- Advanced user of Excel and SQL for data manipulation
- Highly analytical with experience of problem-solving analytics
- Experienced in the use of data visualisation and reporting software such as Tableau, PowerBI or an equivalent
- Experience of Python, Azure/AWS/GCP Data Lake, Automated pipelines (Azure Data Factory), R, Python, Databricks, Notebooks, predictive analytics or desire to learn would be advantageous
- Understanding the regulatory environment and the need for data to comply with GDPR
- Passionate about data
- High quality output at Precision Pace
- Self-motivated and able to manage priorities to deliver to deadlines
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.