With a hybrid approach requiring occasional days in our Folkestone/London office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance to undertake this role.
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor (Finance) to join our Internal Audit team. You will be responsible for managing an area of the business, leading its people, juggling competing priorities to support the delivery of the annual audit plan and, to provide a sound opinion to the business on the effectiveness of our internal control systems.
You will own the end-to-end process of an audit, from meeting with key stakeholders, planning, testing, reporting and recommending. You should have sharp communication skills, which you’ll use to effectively manage key stakeholders across all areas of our businesses.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Delivering individual audit assignments, end-to-end, working with a high degree of autonomy. Audit delivery will include:
- Developing a good knowledge of the audit area under review.
- Identifying the key risks and controls.
- Designing and executing appropriate testing strategies to provide a robust opinion on the design and operating effectiveness of the controls
- Agreeing pragmatic management actions for reportable issues.
- Drafting audit issues, full audit reports and other documentation to a high standard.
- Using knowledge of the business and risk to ensure that the significant issues are identified and reported with authority and credibility.
- Some national and international travel.
- Completing “Issues Assurance” work to validate the effectiveness of the actions taken by management, to address audit issues and to mitigate risk to an acceptable level.
- Adherence to the Institute of Internal Audit Standards and in-house methodology.
- Building and managing relationships with business management.
- Self-identifying training needs to ensure knowledge of external audit standards is up-to-date and develop soft skills, such as relationship building as well as technical or industry knowledge.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to manage a portfolio of work, and to balance the demands of maintaining high quality work and delivering to deadlines.
- Understands the concepts of risk, controls, and materiality.
- Excellent communication skills and uses these to build strong relationships across the organisation.
- Ability to analyse complex and diverse situations.
- Ability to use own initiative to generate solutions for the Internal Audit function and the Enterprise.
- Good standard in Word and Excel.
- Audit background (or a role with similar intellectual demands and principles e.g., use of analysis, logic and sound judgement), or has worked within at least one of the industries in which Saga operates.
- Professional qualifications that may be suitable for the role include – ACCA, CMIIA, other accountancy or risk qualifications, or relevant experience.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Any engagement with employees or provision of CVs to employees within Saga where you have not engaged with the Talent Acquisition Team will be considered speculative and Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.