Senior Internal Auditor (Finance)
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Internal Auditor (Finance) to join the Saga Group business.
You will be delivering and managing assurance work across the business, supporting the delivery of the annual audit plan.
You’ll bring an understanding of the concepts of risk, controls and materiality, allied with a true passion to succeed.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career with Saga.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Delivering individual audit assignments, end-to-end, working with a high degree of autonomy. Audit delivery will include:
- Developing a good knowledge of the audit area under review.
- Identifying the key risks and controls.
- Designing and executing appropriate testing strategies to provide a robust opinion on the design and operating effectiveness of the controls.
- Agreeing pragmatic management actions for reportable issues.
- Drafting audit issues, full audit reports and other documentation to a high standard.
- Using knowledge of the business and risk to ensure that the significant issues are identified and reported with authority and credibility.
- Some national and international travel.
- Completing “Issues Assurance” work to validate the effectiveness of the actions taken by management, to address audit issues and to mitigate risk to an acceptable level.
- Adherence to the Institute of Internal Audit Standards and in-house methodology.
- Building and managing relationships with business management.
- Self-identifying training needs to ensure knowledge of external audit standards is up-to-date and develop soft skills, such as relationship building as well as technical or industry knowledge.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to manage a portfolio of work, and to balance the demands of maintaining high quality work and delivering to deadlines.
- Someone who clearly understands the concepts of risk, controls and materiality.
- An individual with a background in auditing (or a role with similar intellectual demands and principles – e.g. use of analysis, logic and sound judgement), or has worked within at least one of the industries in which Saga operates.
- Someone who has excellent listening skills and, is able to use these skills effectively, to build strong relationships across the business.
- Good standard in Word and Excel.
- Ability to analyse complex and diverse situations.
- Ability to adapt in a fast moving and constantly changing organisation.
- Ability to use own initiative to generate solutions for the Internal Audit function and also for the Group.
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (desirable) and a good level of secondary education (necessary).
- Professional qualifications that may be suitable for the role include – CIA, CMIIA, ACA, other accountancy or risk qualifications, or relevant experience.
- Has an enquiring mind and tenacity, whilst maintaining objectivity.
- Quickly gets to grips with understanding new businesses, process or products. Able to logically analyse and assess these.
- A great communicator. Can form a rapport with people at all levels of the business. Listens to others and demonstrates that they have listened.
- Is not intimidated by challenging or senior individuals in the business. Has the courage of their conviction.
- Sound use of judgement. Raises and reports only material issues and is able to agree practical and efficient solutions with the business.
- A person with a positive outlook, who is flexible and quickly adapts to the changing needs of the business and the objectives of the department.
- A “team player” – someone who others like to work with, and who supports the management team.
- Has the highest level of integrity and is seen to uphold the standards and policies set by the department, and the Group at all times.
- Keeps sensitive business or department information secure and confidential, without exception.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.