Financial Internal Auditor
As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance products, and creating thousands of unforgettable memories for our loyal holidaymakers who are at the heart of the Saga brand.
This role is an important part of the Internal Audit team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Group. This is a small and motivated team, who have a flexible working environment and are keen to develop people as internal auditors.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience auditing across various industries and working closely with senior stakeholders across the business. There may also be scope to do audits outside of finance.
In this role, you will be delivering and managing assurance work across the business, supporting the delivery of the annual audit plan.
You’ll bring a background in financial auditing and have be a qualified accountant in either ACA or ACCA.
Please note though, being a company who are committed to developing people, we will consider this role at a more junior level for the right person.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Delivering individual audit assignments, end-to-end, working with a high degree of autonomy. Audit delivery will include:
- Developing a good knowledge of the audit area under review
- Identifying the key risks and controls
- Designing and executing appropriate testing strategies to provide a robust opinion on the design and operating effectiveness of the controls
- Agreeing pragmatic management actions for reportable issues
- Drafting audit issues, full audit reports and other documentation to a high standard
- Using knowledge of the business and risk to ensure that the significant issues are identified and reported with authority and credibility
- Completing “Issues Assurance” work to validate the effectiveness of the actions taken by management, to address audit issues and to mitigate risk to an acceptable level
- Adherence to the Institute of Internal Audit Standards and in-house methodology
- Building and managing relationships with business management
- Some national and international travel
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Background in financial auditing
- Experience of stakeholder management at a senior level
- Ability to manage a portfolio of work, and to balance the demands of maintaining high quality work and delivering to deadlines
- Good standard in Word and Excel
- Ability to analyse complex and diverse situations
- Ability to use own initiative to generate solutions for the Internal Audit function and also for the Group
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree calibre with a good level of secondary education
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Has an enquiring mind and tenacity, whilst maintaining objectivity
- Quickly gets to grips with understanding new businesses, process or products
- A great communicator
- Can build rapport with people at all levels of the business
- Sound use of judgement
- Has a positive outlook, who is flexible and quickly adapts to the changing needs of the business and the objectives of the department
- A “team player” – someone who others like to work with, and who supports the management team
- Has the highest level of integrity and is seen to uphold the standards and policies set by the department, and the Group at all times
- Keeps sensitive business or department information secure and confidential, without exception
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.