Senior Marketing Executive - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our ethos and careers that are full of possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the cruise function of the business.
You will be supporting the Head of Holidays Marketing/Head of Cruise Marketing, Marketing Manager in the formulation and execution of Marketing plans within agreed strategies. You will implement agreed plans with a team of Marketing Exec as well as offering support and first line management positively develop them.
- To plan and implement all aspects of Saga Holidays’ marketing campaigns in conjunction with relevant business areas.
- Planning & Analysis: Including formulation of campaigns with key business stakeholders in conjunction with the Creative & Product Marketing Execs including selection of customers from the database, the formulation of detailed campaign proposals which will support commercial and marketing objectives, organising printing, laser printing, and mailing house facilities, and managing the overall timing and execution of the campaign through to brochure ‘doormat’.
- Creative & Product: Plan and formulate campaigns with key business stakeholders in conjunction with the Planning and Analysis execs. To produce and circulate paginations, which satisfy marketing and commercial objectives. To brief all marketing literature (and supporting literature) to the Studio in line with commercial and marketing objectives. The brief should include proposition, positioning, style/tone and photography mix
- Ensure all relevant business areas are briefed on each marketing campaign and supply supporting literature
- To monitor passenger and revenue forecasts and recommend any action which may be necessary to ensure that these forecasts are met
- Check and comment on all artwork to ensure literature is on brand and produced in line with the original brief
- To give guidance to other departments involved in the production process regarding issues surrounding product/brochure presentation within Saga’s literature
- To approve all photography
- To propose and implement an ongoing programme of creative and data testing in order to improve the performance of our direct marketing.
- To build and maintain relationships with key tourist boards and suppliers
- Develop close relationships with key internal departments/key business stakeholders
- To contribute to Saga Holidays’ general marketing activity as and when required
- To provide support and day to day management of team of Marketing Execs
- To assist Marketing managers with budget and allocation of spend
- To forecast sales and call levels to the business
- To ensure reporting on success of marketing campaign providing regular updates to key business area
- To execute agreed marketing plans to achieve desired results proactively engaging key business stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Highly numerate with good working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent project management skills
- Good leadership, coaching and supervisory skills
- Good understanding and experience in Marketing
- Ability to influence colleagues
- A motivated problem solver/innovative thinker with a positive attitude to change
- Ability to make the right decision
- Good Standard of Secondary Education/Graduate calibre
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial and focused on business objectives
- Able to work independently, doesn’t need to revert to peers to make decisions
- Passionate about travel and personal ambition
- Deadline driven. Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Takes accountability and ownership of projects
- Able to work simultaneously on many projects
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.