Senior Marketing Executive (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career. This role is an important part of the Retention Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Services function of the business.
You will be supporting the Assistant Marketing Manager by developing and implementing marketing campaigns as well as liaising and briefing key stakeholders to ensure tasks and projects are delivered on time. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring all the correct approvals are obtained for communications, and that all FCA procedures are adhered to.
If you are proactive, creative and can brainstorm new marketing initiatives, this could be the role for you. With some exciting campaigns up and coming the team are seeking someone who can hit the ground running.
This role will be offered as a 12 month fixed term contract.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Development of marketing communications collateral (including product literature, direct mail, online content etc).
- Briefing and liaising with internal studio, mailing and fulfilment house and Print Purchasing to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Stock management for all fulfilment items including briefing and liaising with mailing house.
- Development and implementation of marketing campaigns, communication plans and CATs projects. This will include production of campaign/ communication proposals and analysis to track performance against expectation.
- Internal communication - briefing product and marketing information to sales, customer services and customer relations. Proactively ensuring that all internal communication opportunities are maximised.
- Responsibilities for ensuring the correct approvals are obtained for all marketing communications, and subsequent FCA procedures are adhered to.
- Conduct timely and accurate competitor research.
- Proactively initiate brainstorming, research and development of new marketing initiatives.
- Incorporate successful tests into established activity to ensure the ongoing achievement of targets.
- Assist where necessary complaint enquiries (internal and external).
- Delivery of key projects and marketing activity on time and to budget.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous direct marketing experience and knowledge of principles and techniques.
- Experience working to tight timelines in a project environment, able to prioritise.
- Project management skills key.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong leadership skills, able to influence and negotiate.
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate calibre and/or equivalent professional qualification/ experience is preferred.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Tenacious, approachable able to work in collaboration with peers and key business stakeholders.
- Willingness to research and learn in order to reach business objectives
- Sound numerical skills.
- Works well in a team and with a wide range of people.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.