Senior Marketing Executive
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Services function of the business.
You will be developing and implementing marketing campaigns and projects, across a wide range of digital marketing channels to drive quotes and policies for our home and motor insurance products. As a Senior Executive, you'll be expected to take ownership from leading on forecasting to making recommendations to improve performance.
You will be an excellent team player, forging strong relationships with your colleagues across numerous departments within the business as well as liaising with external agencies. You will deputise for your line manager when necessary, and take ownership and responsibility for delivering work to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Support direct line manager to create and execute a range of marketing communications to increase the penetration and retention of Saga products
- Development and implementation of marketing campaigns and projects across digital channels like Paid Search and Paid Social which deliver quotes and policies. This will include briefing and liaising with our creative team to produce advertising/communications/landing pages
- Analyse and track campaign performance against forecasts using multiple reporting tools
- Responsibility for ensuring the correct approvals are obtained for all marketing communications, and subsequent FCA procedures are adhered to
- Forecasting of quotes for digital channels based on agreed expenditure. You will conduct daily and weekly reporting, monitoring KPI’s to ensure forecast is met at an efficient level
- Conduct timely and accurate competitor research
- Proactively initiate brainstorming, research and development of new marketing initiatives
- Use tools like Adobe Analytics and Session cam to understand the customer journey and the performance of different cohorts, drawing insight, enabling you to make recommendations for change/optimisations which may lead to A/B testing
- Where appropriate, incorporate successful tests into established activity to ensure the ongoing achievement of targets.
- Deputise for line manager
- Assist where necessary with complaint enquiries (internal and external)
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of digital marketing and direct marketing principles and techniques
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to influence colleagues
- A motivated problem solver/innovative thinker with a positive attitude to change
- Takes accountability and ownership of projects
- Able to work simultaneously on many projects
- Knowledge of financial services / general insurance industry and its regulations is a bonus
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate calibre and/or equivalent professional qualification / experience
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Good teamwork skills
- Problem solver
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.