Senior Marketing Executive
There has never been a more exciting time to join our cruise marketing team… earlier this year we launched our first brand-new ship, Spirit of Discovery, and we are now busy planning the launch of her sister ship, Spirit of Adventure, who embarks on her inaugural season next year.
Both ships have been meticulously designed for our market and offer a unique ‘boutique’ proposition – their arrival marks a major milestone not just for Saga Cruises, but also for the wider cruise industry. We are extremely proud of our beautiful, innovative ships which feature the facilities, levels of service and interior design that you would expect from the world’s finest boutique hotels, but on the ocean.
As we countdown to the launch of Spirit of Adventure and lead a brand-new era of British cruising, we are looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to join our team. We are a small, dedicated team who are passionate about our product and proposition.
If you’re a marketing professional with multi-channel experience, an outstanding communicator and innovator, and someone who thrives in a busy environment, we would love to hear from you.
Take a look at Spirit of Discovery’s Naming Ceremony in July to give you a flavour of our incredible year and inspiration for what’s to come, and download some of our marketing material below.
If you would like to be part of our team at this truly unique time, and are searching for a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel, then read on…
- To plan and implement all aspects of Saga Cruises’ marketing campaigns in conjunction with relevant business areas
- Tactical execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Analyse each campaign, making recommendations for future activities, including how to improve passenger conversions and drive campaign efficiencies
- Continually monitor passenger and revenue forecasts, making recommendations of any actions required to ensure forecasts are met
- Conduct competitor research and analysis, making recommendations based on market activity
- Propose and develop marketing campaigns based on previous activity, market data and customer insight
- Develop departmental, business-wide and external relationships for smoother business communication and transactions to take place
- To propose and implement an ongoing programme of creative and data testing in order to improve the performance of our marketing
- To project manage several campaigns at any one given time, to ensure deadlines are adhered to and the correct data is collated
- To support, communicate and liaison with key business stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of marketing techniques and principles
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Passionate about travel & personal ambition
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisation skills
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Strong leadership skills, able to influence and negotiate
- Fantastic and confident presentation techniques
Education and Qualifications
- Good standard of secondary education
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial
- Confident and passionate
- A natural leader
- Focused on business objectives and commercial targets
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Takes accountability and responsibility to action tasks
- Innovator and ideas generator
- Can work with a level of autonomy, doesn’t always needs to revert to peers to make decisions but will seek guidance when required
- Willingness to research and learn in order to reach business objectives
- Tenacious, approachable able to work in collaboration with peers and key business stakeholders
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.