With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products as well as creating holidays to remember the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
Uniquely in the travel industry, Saga and Titan customers benefit from an award-winning in-house transfer service taking them from their homes to airport or port of departure. We are right now looking for a Senior Planner to join us.
In this role, you will support the Planning Manager in leading a small team of Transport Planners, reviewing the daily route schedules to ensure they are as efficient as possible and proactively feeding back on and resolving any issues with the scheduling system. Whilst delivering an exceptional customer experience.
You will have exceptional attention to detail with experience forecasting routes and identifying potential shortfalls in delivery. You will have strong customer service skills with experience of liaising with internal and external stakeholders. You will bring an ability to be adaptable to change.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of a-new role which is integral to our business, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are a senior planner with excellent problem-solving skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Deputise for the Planning Manager in their absence.
- Review the planned output of the in-house scheduling to ensure individual days are planned as efficiently as possible.
- Feedback any issues with the in-house scheduling system and where unable to resolve, raise to the Planning Manager.
- Contact fleet drivers if a shortfall in availability vs work available. Highlight any persisting issues to Planning Manager.
- Support the Planning manager in achieving the departments KPI targets.
- Run a forecast of future jobs (up to 120 days in advance of day of travel) when required to identify any shortfall in fleet driver availability/ 3rd party locations and take proactive action to resolve
- To learn, understand and maintain all aspects of our scheduling system.
- Maintain the rules and parameters set by the company to ensure that drivers do not exceed their working hours. Review any instances of breached hours that are fed back by the driver performance manager and are believed to be caused by the planning of the day and take the necessary action required to resolve
- Be a point of contact for all escalations relating to changes, cancellations, queries and any alterations, which may affect the efficiency of any route.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will drive for results and challenge to reach the best outcome
- Have a strong customer centred focus
- Analytically approach all aspects of their work to achieve the most economic transport plans
- Show strong organisational skills
- Have a strong geographical knowledge of the UK postcode system and road network which ideally will have been gained during their experience of using telematics/planning systems.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
Long service awards
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.