Senior Pricing Analyst
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
…And right now, we are looking for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our AICL underwriting business at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products, and creating thousands of unforgettable memories for our loyal holidaymakers.
As the Senior Pricing Analyst, you are a key member of the Pricing team and will work closely with the rest of the team as well as our underwriters, distribution partners and the AICL executive. The focus of the role is to contribute to the development of AICL’s pricing programme, through development of rating solutions, identifying areas of commercial opportunity and implementation of pricing strategy to deliver a profitable rating structure that meets AICL’s defined business objectives and pricing policy.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Lead thinking in the pro-active use of data to identify areas of opportunity to drive commercial value and competitive advantage, delivering profitable growth for Saga’s insurance business
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends, product opportunities and new / changing rating factors
- Develop pricing rules and rating approaches for deployment to the rating system, making best use of Radar Live and other software tools
- Make recommendations to underwriters, senior management and pricing committee based on your analysis
- Monitor and assess impact of changes post implementation and proactively recommend amendments and develop MI to flag where further investigation and action is needed
- Develop an excellent relationship with our in-house distribution partner, including working on joint insurance initiatives to enhance group value
- Pricing support for business change initiatives
- Development of other team members
- Deployment and test of rating changes
- Ad hoc project or BAU / Reserving support as required
- If relevant, take exams and work towards qualifications
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Actuarial or data science background with hands on experience of general insurance personal lines pricing
- Experience of actively managing pricing analysis to meet volume and profitability objectives
- Experience of deployment and monitoring of pricing actions
- Experience of Radar Live is an advantage
- Experience of programming languages such as SQL, VBA and R
Education and qualifications:
- Numerical degree and A-Levels or equivalent
- Experience in motor pricing or other personal lines
- Strong leadership potential with proven track record of delivery
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time, prioritising actions to meet business objectives
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, delivery focus, commercial mindset, dependability, responsibility, accountability
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.