Senior Sales Manager (Interim 9 - 12 months) - Destinology (Bolton)
As an integral part of the company you will report to the Director of Sales, Customer Experience and Marketing and will have overall responsibility for the Destinology Sales department.
This role encompasses the direct line management of 3 Sales Team Managers and 1 Retail Manager and 1 Sales Development Manager and oversees their management of their direct reports, namely Personal Travel Consultants, at an operational level.
- Overall responsibility for Destinology’s Sales Team
- Lead and support the Sales Development Manager, Sales Team Managers and Retail Manager
- Have overall responsibility and accountability for ‘risk’ within the sales team remit
- Ensure that your direct reports are undertaking regular 1:1s and team meetings with their direct reports
- Deal with crisis situations as part of the management team
- Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the financial goals of the business
- Undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by the Company
The Ideal Candidate
- As a minimum Maths and English GCSE or O’Level qualifications
- Leadership and/or Management qualification or training desirable
- Proven track record in developing and managing sales teams, preferably in a contact/call centre environment and ideally in Travel sales
- Knowledge and experience of travel sales, ideally luxury tailor made travel
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate and cooperate across all business functions
- Experience of leading, coaching, developing, motivating managers
- Solid sales skills with strong and ethical sales principles and processes
- Experience of people management processes including managing performance, conduct, absence,
- Knowledge and experience of producing, analysing and reporting management information
- Knowledge and experience of implementing customer service/sales strategy
- Experience of successfully developing a sales team that is energised, proactive, ambitious and thrives on success.
- Experience of working in a fast paced ever changing environment
We have an exciting opportunity at Destinology, part of the SAGA Group, for an Interim Senior Sales Manager to join the team based at our Bolton HQ. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract for initially between 9-12 months with the potential of a permanent contract thereafter. In return you will receive a highly competitive salary and package of £46,641 per annum (pro rata) plus other benefits, including:
- 22 days plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year)
- Additional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Discounted holidays to our amazing portfolio of products (Destinology holidays)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance /Death in service benefit
- Salary sacrifice child care voucher and cycle to work schemes
- Free car parking, tea and coffee
- Saga Share scheme (after period of service)
- Employee of the month award scheme
- Dress down Fridays
About the Company
Established in 2004, we have grown from a young, ambitious luxury travel start-up to being bought by the hugely successful Saga PLC in 2014. We’re experiencing year on year growth, but we want more!
We’re a digitally focussed company who believe in doing things a little bit differently as we strive to stay one step ahead, exploring and helping to redefine what luxury travel really means to people. Passionate about our products, places and people, we take great pride the relationships we build - with our customers, the suppliers we work with and our team.