Senior Strategic Insight Executive
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Strategic Insight Executive to join our Saga Group Research team based in Enbrook, Folkestone.
You will be involved in an exciting hands-on opportunity working for a client-side Insight team working across a range of sectors from insurance to travel. You will work closely with the Marketing and Product Innovation teams with your insights having an impact across the organisation. You will also participate in the development of research plans and independently manage ad-hoc research initiatives for Strategic Insight team.
You will bring strong communications verbally and written.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
Specific responsibilities are detailed below:
- Ownership of newly developed CACI customer segmentation, from liaising with external data partners and creative agencies to working in partnership with in-house marketing teams on using segmentation to guide comms strategy planning, testing and measuring performance of initiatives
- Responsible to raise awareness, educate and encourage particularly newly on-board marketeers to embed new customer segmentation in their marketing and product development initiatives or where possible
- Provide primary day-to-day client interface on research projects
- Provide relevant and actionable insights that best inform appropriate decision making for various business teams (insurance, travel, cruise, personal finance, loyalty programme etc.)
- Provide internal end-to-end consultancy for ad-hoc analyses; clarifying research questions, finding data where you can from various sources (e.g. TGI Kantar Media, Ad-hoc surveys, VOC, GFK FRS tracker, internal customer data and many more), operationalising and conducting analysis; and reporting back, providing clear next steps to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of our target audience, from critical market trends to challenges and opportunities to effectively guide business team on acquisition or retention approach
- Establish best practices and documented methodology, including processes, templates, reporting dashboards, tools and best practices working alongside with Head of Brand / stakeholders
- Keep up to date and actively evaluate new technologies and tools in the marketplace
- Be a change agent for the team and the wider team - be open to take up new challenge, challenge the status quo, go above and beyond and the extra mile
- Organise and assist in running in-house UX research when required
- Support the team with development 360 insight handbook for each market
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- This role requires high levels of analytical skills
- Fantastic multi-tasking skills, with the ability to think long term and cross functionally
- Strategically minded, with the confidence to communicate both verbally and written with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, ability to build and manage strong relationships (across the organisation and externally)
- Highly analytical yet creative and problem-solving skills with high level of numeracy
- Able to translate data and analysis into easy to understand recommendations
- Market research experience with a background in quantitative research methodologies
- Skilled in both project management and insight creation
- Excellent computer skills, literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of SPSS or equivalent
- Successful candidates will also demonstrate commercial awareness and ability to maintain a strategic perspective and focus on critical issues – big or small.
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level
- Business experience in either research agency or client side
- Experienced market researcher with experience in planning and strategy development
- Practical experience in driving change
- Has a can-do approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Curious for customer understanding – inquisitive, always asking the question why, what is behind the action, behaviour etc.
- Self-motivated, a team player who can also work independently
- Forward thinker and as such interested in new trends
- Willing to work collaboratively with stakeholders (not just with own team members)
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle competing priorities
- Personal charisma and proven ability to influence decision making at different levels
- A good listener who is very observant and open
- Calm and professional
- Right first-time attitude and eye for detail
- Well organised and structured in business process
- You will ensure that insight development is guided by evidence.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.