Senior System & UAT Consultant
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior System and UAT Consultant to join our CHMC team based in Folkestone.
You will be responsible for the monitoring of ongoing defects, as well as monitoring the quality of testing and troubleshooting within the team.
You will bring confidence in commuting at all levels, written and verbally.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street & online discounts, and concession for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading……
- Monitor the quality of testing and troubleshooting within the team through spot checks and audits
- Support the manager on performance management of the team
- Responsible for the monitoring of ongoing defects, liaising with suppliers to resolve said defects and escalating where appropriate
- Monitor the maintenance of payment/reserve schemas
- Support the manager on test plans for each release cycle to ensure the timeline is realistic and adhered to
- Responsible for configuration of automated test scripts, troubleshooting issues and reporting on its performance
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Enhance automation techniques and scripts that result in testing efficiency and quality
- Responsible for estimating, designing, scripting and executing automation test scripts for a variety of key internal applications using the chosen test automation software
- Responsible for maintaining automation test scripts in line with application changes due to ongoing development
- Ability to debug causes of automated test script failures using advanced tools
- Knowledge of Selenium Webdriver and alternate automation tools
- Good knowledge of HTML, Xpaths and regular expressions
- Responsible for monitoring automation testing success rates and reporting quality to the manager
- To ensure knowledge of business processes is kept current.
- Responsible for the managing the receipt of knowledge share requests, logging them and estimating effort required to develop (e.g. Numero, video & interactive knowledge share software)
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of internal application functionality and business/motor/home claim processes is advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
- ISTQB is advantageous
- Solution focused
- Knowledge of claims systems, processes and best practice
- Confident in communicating at all levels
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work in a methodical manner
- Ability to investigate and fix causes of script failure
- Driven by quality
- Demonstrates that the customer is central to test scenarios and suggest improvement around this
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.